Skipjack around Tulsa?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Blakemo, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Blakemo

Blakemo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wheres the best place to catch skipjack around Tulsa? Also would I have to wait untill spring to catch some.

2. LaBlueHunter

LaBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    i have never cought a skippie anywhere around tulsa and i have fished about every creek an pond around there u can think about fishing i have how ever cought them alot at eufaula and webbers falls mainly eufaula

3. Brian D

Brian D New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    possibly the warm water discharge at sooner lake.I have read on the arkansas site that they have been catching them at the nuke plant in russellville.I catch mine in the spring and summer below eufala and kerr dams,then freeze em for fall and winter fishing.I imagine fresh is better,but I ahve had real good luck with the frozen.when i lived in little rock,a bait sore named hatchett jacks,by murry lock and dam,sold it frozen for 3.50 a pound!

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    There are a few that get caught below Keystone and the Zinc Dam in the summer ,but there very few and far between. There in the Arkansas Navagation Channel...closest spot to catch them in any real quanity would be L @ D 16 at Webber Falls. There a super bait when found in the water your fishing but IMO won't do much better than shad in area's that don't have any.