Skipjack are biting

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by 8898dan, Mar 15, 2007.

1. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey guys, sorry I havnt posted in a while. I get REAL preocupied with hunting in fall and winter. Anyways Ive been out a few times after some skipjack and today was the first time they were biting. I went to Murray Lock and Dam at the hydro plant and caught 80 large skips. And it only took 1 hour because of 3 nice men who were fishing for white bass but catching mostly skips. They gave me all the skips they were catching because they had been just throwing them back. Well I filled up completely a 60 quart ice chest. Wish Id had another because that would be about all I need to get through summer. It was the middle of the afternoon and they were running about 30000 cfs. The skips were caught on the east bank around the new big dam bridge. Just thought id pass on the info since yall post such good stuff that helps me.

2. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I've never fished for skipjack before, but I'll be in that area this weekend. What are they catching them on?

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hey thanks for the infro Brother:smile2:

4. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I was catching them on 1/8 ounce curly tail white jigs, fished in tandem (one on the end of my line and another about 12 inches up from that). The other guys (who were really fishing for white bass but were catching gobs of skipjack) were using chartruese crappie jigs in tandem.

5. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I'll probably run by there and check it out this weekend. Thanks!