Skipeye, snoring and other things..

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    went to my first cat tourney a while back with Darryl..you folks prolly remember a chat about it. Kerr lake, it was. great folks. got to meet Johnny and his nemesis big sam....(i can't wait to get back there and fish with those dudes)

anywho, Darryl and i spent the night in a motel room before the tourney. i slept fitfully and woke tired. i asked Darryl how he slept and he had the same response (yes, we slept in seperate beds:confused2:)

he did tell me that i snored and it kept him awake...i suspected that i snored every once in awhile, but i thought Darryl was being hard on me.

i came home and my wife asked "how was the trip?" and i said ok, except Darryl was a jerk...she said how so? and i said "he accused me of snoring" i had a couple of friends over at the time, and they all erupted in laughter:smile2:

just wanted to let you know, Darryl..i do snore and i am sorry you didn't get your beauty sleep...come to think about, you won't live long enough to get all the beauty sleep you need:wink:

and you are not a jerk, that was theatrics buddy:smile2:

for some weird reason, a glass of wine and the wife gone to CA for the weekend makes me reminisce:wink:

and i won't tell anyone here who caught the most cats in your boat that day:smile2::smile2::smile2:

oh yeah...bring my boat back! :)

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    lol good story Phil

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I like it Phil, tell us more.:big_smile:My wife says i snore but it don't bother me none.:eek:oooh:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Interesting story Phil. Skipeye we are waiting for page two of this story.:smile2:

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I think I could have caught fish Phil, but we needed to stay in the middle of the lake. Phil didn't care much for the 3-4 foot rollers and whitecaps though so we headed for the protected coves where he tore me up with 8 oz Channel cats. Oh yeah........I remember. Haven't been back since. :smile2:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ground swells ain't nothing for a boat like that.:eek:oooh:

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I was getting worried about Phil though, white knuckles and all hanging onto the gunnels. :smile2:

That lake can get rough but I felt safe. And YES HE DID SNORE. I still haven't caught up on the beauty sleep I lost that night before.

8. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    SKIP just do like my son did, when we went camping at BADIN ,Mothers Day weekend ,he got a pair of the foam EAR PLUGS ,said my snoring didn,t bother him in the least :wink::big_smile:

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    hey! i come from a long line of navy boys...Darryl ain't no big water skipper...want to tell them what happened to our fresh caught shad buddy?:wink::smile2:

i did enjoy that trip...hey Darryl, i still have that 4lb carp you caught in the cast net..gonna turn him into cat juice in a couple of days:big_smile:

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ground swells my butt, John..it is a shallow lake and the wind cranks it up...we were rock n and rollling. even Darryl will tell you it wasn't something either of us were use to:wink:

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Cher is telling the truth CH you snore i heard ya lol you was sucking the sides in on the tent lol:eek:oooh::crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    :crazy: Ain't no way Dallas, that was Pat and her bunch, or maybe Darryl across the street. LMAO Cher gets to gruntin in her sleep. Actually i dreamed my butt was a tater patch and she was a little pig rootin in it.:smile2::smile2::smile2: OMG, my days are limited now.

13. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    JOHN ; THERE U GO DIGGING IN THAT HOLE AGAIN , can u still throw the dirt out of the hole or is it to deep now :wink::smile2:

14. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Phil it look's like you & skip are ready for Kerr lake round 2 :eek:oooh: It's been month's now so the stories are just coming out ( it takes time to recover from fishing Kerr in the winter!):eek:oooh: I dont think the snoring is what got them it was the 4fters rolling for as far as ya can see that had e'm worried:beat_brick: You boy's :beauty: & make-up...give us a holler me & Johnny & Regan is always ready for a trip...We been hashing around night fishing for quite a spell it sounds good as we tell it:wink: but we all go to bed early none of us be worth a dam after 10pm:smile2::smile2:

15. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    CH i just put my boots on i just know Cher gona kick the Chit outa you now lol :eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Is the snoring ad just a coincidence on this page???

17. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i think so Will lol:smile2:

18. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    John Fisher passed away today at the age of 52. A sad shame, his was largely a wasted life as he never caught a fish over 20 lbs. His wife will scatter his ashes over his BBQ grill, as that was her favorite place for him to be. Please send money for Cher, instead of flowers, as she intends to "let herself go" to Hawaii, then across Europe, in order to properly deal with her grief. Any friends that wish to have his fishing equipment, broken down boats, and air mattresses with holes in them please message me privately.

Thank you. That will be all.

19. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Cher, i just sent you 10 grand via paypal to help you through these tough times...let me know if you don't get it and i will re-send it:wink::smile2:

gonna miss ole John....what caused his unfortunate demise, anyway?:smile2::smile2:

20. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Sam, i would love to fish with you and Johnny...maybe we can take Darryl too, even tho he has a little problem with the saying "when in rome, do as the romans":smile2:

is the water starting to calm down in that neck of the woods?:big_smile: