skip jacks skip jacks & more skip jacks

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catcrazed, Nov 25, 2008.

1. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well me and Travis slaughtered the skips at meldahl tonight!! we only fished for an hour and a half and caught 48 big dudes and several average size ones. heres a few pics of the bigger ones. They were caught on sibikkis

Attached Files:

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    the big ones sure werent at newburgh dam this evening!! all we caught were the 4-8" skips!!

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah its nice to finally get on them again, they are always in there,just have to find them at the right time...:big_smile:

4. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    good job on the skips guys.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congrat's on the Skips,Darn I Wish we had some here in Iowa. All we have is Shad,They work ,but I would like to have some Skippies to try also. J.D.

6. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    how do i get to meldahl from cambridge ohio. im off for 2 week i december would like to come down and fish for some skips

7. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    same question basically. i think i've been there before. sounds familiar. Have an address for it? i can mapquest it if nothing else.

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Meldahl dam is off rt 8 in Ky. I dont know where cambridge is, I dont know the address either, from cincinnati just get on 471, take it to 275 west, you will see the exit for the AA Hwy towards Maysville, most roads along the AA if you take a left you will end up on rt 8, keep going till you see the dam on your left, you will not see the parking lot probably until you pass it like I do still to this day, but you will see it.

9. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    Ive been there its a great fishary for channels blues and monster flats!

10. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    tell ya what fellas travis explained that just as well as I could of but I will probably be heading there again next week and if i do I will get the nearest address to the pull off. Just the nearest mailbox to the pull off to get to the dam. That way for those of you who want to mapquest you can do so but Im not 100% sure when I will be going back.

11. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I assume since ya was on the KY side you were fishin them from the bank? I know we where down there about three weeks ago in a boat and didn't see a one no where. But they sure don't let ya get to close to the dam anymore in a boat.

Hey Jim type in Willow Grove KY in your favorite online direction finder. That should put ya right at the dam on the KY side of the river.

12. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    yep. From the bank. Ill be honest with ya in my opinion they have there buoys way to far out. It makes me sick they wont let you get any closer than that. They don't cut you no slack neither. Last time I fished there I went in past the buoys and they got on the bull horn all pi$$es off. They could move those buoys in 100 yards or so and the water wouldnt be any more turbulent. If you fall out of the boat where the buoys are your dead and 100 yards closer your dead. LOL Just kidding. But especially for skippies. You almost have to be on the bank to catch them because on a boat you can't get within a mile (exageration) of the dam walls.

13. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Thanks for the response Robin. Yeah I agree they got them buoys way to far down. Don't know if they did that for the upcoming construction there or because of all the deaths this summer at dams further down river.

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well IMO they should let the boaters worry about that. Accidents are gonna happen anywhere, its up to the fisherman to be smart about it. Now if you got 5 gates open and white caps 5ft high I can understand, but if you ask me its nothing more than the great state of ohio doing a little revenue enhancement curtosy of the coast guard if ya get my drift??:cool2:

15. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Dude whered you learn those big intelegent words? revenue? enhancement? curtosy?

yall like how I spelled Intelligent wrong huh:tounge_out:

16. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    hahaha gosh i think hes at the wrong place.......... the computer club is microsoft1.com... :wink:.................jk jason

17. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    can i use ohio fishing licence or do i have to get ky

18. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    can you catch them there all winter was going to go down after xmas like the 27,28

19. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    you dont need a ky licence an ohio will do...........I think

20. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Aaron is correct....an Ohio license is good as long as your fishing the Ohio and not a KY tributary. My Kid got checked there a while back !!