Skip Jacks//Cumberland city

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by canepole, Nov 24, 2005.

1. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Me and the hen rode out to the steam plant today and never got a hit, We got there about three and only spent about a hour, I'm going to The Dam tomorrow and see if I can get some fresh bait then we are going catting...

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Tom Good luck and catch about 50 for me..
    Pete

3. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I bought a bunch of those vacuum bags and would like to catch a bunch and seal them up,
    Pete, once I get me a bunch of them put up, I'll catch a bunch for you, Well I'm waiting on My old Ford to warm up then heading outta here, Its 23degree's BRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

4. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    They were thick at the steam plant the other day. My son caught a bunch of them. He said he was catching one almost every cast.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Tom catch plenty of bait and a big one today.. Have fun and stay warm.
    Pete

6. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    well we went to the steam plt and they wasn't on there so we rode down to the dam, I got two and Steve and his son got three or four a piece, We got enough for a fishing trip, so we may be out on the river catting in the morning depending on the wind condition's .
    We were planning on going catting today after getting the skips But the
    Son's starter went out on his car and I got recruited to help. Sure was a nice day for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Tom good luck. And I think it about time for a 58 lb blue for you in the morning.
    PEte

8. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Today: Partly cloudy, with a high near 60. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.the ..............MY Keyboard is messed uP

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH TOM! That looks like a winner of a forcast. Knock em dead!

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    And the big fish are bitting..
    PEte

11. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Well we went out this morning about daylite ,The first place we went we got alittle action ,But not the kinda action we were looking for, they were just pecking, we moved several times and I used one of whistler's bait distribution tricks and hooked into and lost what seemed like a fish of a life time, he hit and ran and I sit the hook and got to feel him for a minute or so then the line broke . We fished for about four hours total and then the wind started blowing and we threw the towel in, I reckon it will be awhile before I go catting again, I am on a mission to re"stock my bait suppy and when I do that I will head back out and see if I can catch me a bigun with my hook hanging out of his mouth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :eek:

12. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Well I finaly got me a bunch of bait, They were on and off and I got just shy of a five gallon bucket, I got them vacum packed and put away and Next weekend if all works out,I will be out looking for the bigun I lost yesterday.
    When I got ready to leave the steam plant I was crossing the walkway and there was this feller fishing and when greeted each other and "he said" HEY YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE B.O.C. I said yep and he said he was to,
    Nice meeting You

"Tennessee Catfisherman"

13. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    That was me, I stuck around fishing till after dark. Got several big hits but just could not get a good hookup. I't was nice meeting someone from the BOC. I have been trying to meet up with bluecatnut, but we have just missed meeting up from time to time, hopefully well meet up soon and he can give me some pointers on throwing a cast net, cause I sure need some tips. :cool:

14. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    tncatfising come to the tenn fish & camp in erin meet a bunch of catmen an swap the fat

15. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    :confused: When is this fish and camp in erin, if I can get away I would like to go.

16. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    tncatfishing, no date set as of yet, but it is looking like the second weekend in Feb. Go to the main page and look under gatherings ( Cumberland fish and camp).

17. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    tncatfishing, its Tennessee fish and camp, instead of cumberland.

18. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
  19. skip_jack

skip_jack New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    Well, well, well...

Sounds like you guy's are having all the fun. Catch em while you can! All I'm looking forward to is getting back sateside and (timing permitting) seeing you all for the summer Flathead Night. I hope we can have one this year, and that I can be there for it. I know we got a bit skunked last year, but I had a great time meeting you all and hope to see you soon. Either way, some of you will definately hear from and possibly see me out there on mid tour leave. I just thought I'd give you a warning and time between now and then to get all your cattin in. I'll be putting a dent in them myself whenever i get back there. Until then keep posting pics and stories for the members away from the water. Happy holidays and God bless. See you soon.
    Jason :D

20. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Nice to hear from you Jason, and I hope all is well with you, I was running down the road today thinking about us having another flathead hunt, I was thinking that we should have it in late Aug or Sept, I think we picked a bad time of the year to have the last one. Hey I'm still loooking forward to going fishing with you when you get back, Stay in Touch. and merry xmas to you.