Skip Jack

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by MRR, Jul 28, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Going after some for the cat tourn in Aug.What is the best way to catch them and what # test line is best to use. right now I have 10,12,and20 .# test. whats best. Any help appericated.

2. worm

worm New Member

State:
    missouri
    When i go i use a heavy flipin stick and 20# test. I use 4 or5 small crappie jigs tied about a foot apart with a 1/2 or 1 oz wight on the very bottom . throw it out and reel fast enough to keep it close to the top.

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Gabe,
    Do you like the fuzzy crappie jig or curly tails? Any color suggestions?

4. worm

worm New Member

State:
    missouri
    I like to but some of both on when i first start and c which one is producing best

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Good advice worm. I rig very similiarly. White is by far the most popular color to use as your trying to mimick the shad which is what the skipjack are eating. I personally like to use white bodied grubs with a chartreuse tail. I'll also throw in a pink colored one. If I noticed the skippys are hitting any certain color I'll switch to that color on all the jigs. By the way, you can catch some skippies right now at Ky. Dam. I went with DeerHunter (eric simcox) and his son, as they were showing me where to get them so I had fresh bait for the Cabelas King Kat tournament. We placed 12th I think, but havnt seen an updated leader board. I'llhave some pictures to share soon. Cuz