Skip Jack

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by mrgib31, Dec 17, 2009.

1. mrgib31

mrgib31 New Member

State:
    Conway, Arkansa
    Where can I find Skip Jack in central Arkansas? I have not been to sucsessful fishing cut Shad & Shad heads at the Toad Suck Lock & Dam. What are other good baits to use in the fall for catfish? I mostly fish for Channel cats ok I have only ever caught Channels.

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    For channels i'd just run to the grocery and get a tub of fresh chicken livers and throw em on bottom. Welcome to the BOC.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    James keep an eye on the hot water outlet thread, As soon as I know for sure I will post info about the skips.

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    James - where are you located in Central Arkansas?

And WELCOME TO THE BOC!

Now let's hook up and do some fishing and get you into some Blues!

5. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    we usually do good at toad suck on shad when its cold, but skips r good too,,, tops will let us know when they start running !!!! welcome to boc!!!

6. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Welcome to the BOC! Shad has usually worked for me around Toad Suck, but some time they just get lock jaw, but like everyone else I am waiting to hear from Top on the Skips. Where are you located in central Ar. ?

7. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Seriously though since i have not fished in a month there is some skipjacks in suck up bags left in the freezer! LOL but Hubby got off today and he went to five to they are going fast! LOL I am too interested in hearing when they are out and about again

8. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Well not a thing running at L.D. five but the water fished all day yesterday not even a bite, had a buddy called me earlier in the week and said at murry L.D. little rock on the dam side that they were catching 5 to 8 lbers though if they were biting there they would be at #5 notta:angry:

9. mrgib31

mrgib31 New Member

State:
    Conway, Arkansa
    I am located in Conway, I fish Toad Suck Lock & Dam mostly. I am new to Arkansas so just looking to find Old Mr. Wiskers!

10. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Hey James I live between Saltillo and Vilonia so maybe we can get together sometime and chase some cats.