Skip Jack

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Fish Dog, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Fish Dog

Fish Dog New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Does anyone know if there is Skip Jack in or around Oolagah? I went to the Red River last week and caught a few Skip Jack,the are great bait down there for Blues.Think I will bait a few jugs here and see how they work.

Thanks

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    You should be able to catch them below the dam there. When they are not running water at Ft Gibson I catch them in minnows. Look on the home page at the skipjack thread, you can get a lot of info there

Welcome to the BOC

3. makoman

makoman New Member

State:
    tulsa oklahoma
    I was at Eufaula monday an tuesday I was catching shad with my cast net around jack frisbee boat ramp its up on n. end of lake an besides catching shad I was also catching these little 2in. fish that Iam not for sure what they was they looked like baby white bass but they didnt have any markings or was they skip jack they were jumping surface of water

4. Fish Dog

Fish Dog New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The Skip Jack I have been catching are 12 or so inches and look like a fresh water Tarppon.

5. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I would like to know for sure if they're below Oolagah myself.Thats only about 100 miles from me and I might go down.

6. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    You won't find any skipjack below Oolagah. The only place that has some skipjack is in the Navagtion Channel farther downstream. You'll find them down at Webber's Falls below L @ D 16, Robert S Kerr, There's some that find it below Ft Gibson and Eufalua. I've heard of a few that might make it up as far as Keystone Dam but that's far and few between...a pretty rare occurance to catch one. I guess I wouldn't say never below Oolagah but there's too many lock and dams for them to get through. If your really wanting some your best best would be to put in below Webbers Falls. There's none in our lakes execpt Robert S Kerr since the locks run through the lake but what skipjack we do have on farther downstream on the Arkansas River/Navagation Channel.