skip jack run, room for one more

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Jan 10, 2010.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Buckdoe, Willie and I are making a skipjack run saturday and we have room for one more. If you want to ride along and chip in on the gas money and bullshi**ing let us know.

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    going on the 16th? i am thinking of going myself

3. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    derric the Gateway Club welcome you join to us on a skippie run

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I can't join you guys on Saturday due to a prior committment however depending on how much I get done this week there's a good chance I can get away on Thursday for some skips. I'll have a couple seats open for anyone that wants to go along if I end up going.

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Hey guys i got us a fourth.... My UPS driver wants to tag along if its ok with you guys... He stays in IL pretty close to Pooper...

6. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    thanks Willie we'll set up a time to leave. bring a rain suit :secret:

7. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    I saw that in the news too... It still should be better then 13 for the high.. I just hope we could get into some.. Give me a call later this week

8. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    souns good Willie, me and the "ups" guy need to hook up for the ride to buckdoes. Have him give me call

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Im pretty close to Mike.. If we go through IL we might be able to pick you and Mike up on the way.. Oh, His name is Mike also.. I'll have him give you a call

10. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I'm thinking of making a run myself. I have an empty seat as well.

11. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    When are you taking off if you go Gary??? We're talking about leaving in the early AM saturday morning
    and leaving out around 5 or 6 that evening... Depends on the bite

12. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Well I messed up big time with this one... I jump the gun and got my dates all jacked up... Saturday is my wifes graduation... I forgot all about the thing till she came in with her cap and gown.. Man... As bad as i wanta go Im not crazy... anyway, sorry for the mix up guys... I take full blame for this one... BUT>>> SUNDAY is wide open... just another option for me anyway.. If you guys go bring back full buckets..

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    It happens Will. Don't sweat it. I can't get away tomorrow either. Too busy with things around here and Lisa needs the extra help. She had surgery yesterday to have a vein anneurism removed from her hand. They ended up cutting a 2 1/2 inch slice up her left thumb to get it out. The surgery went well and she is doing great but I don't dare leave her one handed with the Jackman alone lol. I'll have to catch you guys next time.

14. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Nanner hope Lisa is doing better today after the surgery.
    on the skipjack count, how more skips do we need for the trip ?
    if we can post up many you have, when i go to CC i know hard i have to fish and stay to
    get what we need. they was early post about 130 per day est. , 4 day trip means est. 780 for
    6 boats.

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Mike it's pretty safe to plan on 100 - 125 skipjacks per boat for the entire 4 days. You'll only go through 25-30 a day max. I know this last batch the guys got were all huge ones so you'll need less than that. If the boat your riding in has a cumulative total of 125 or so you'll be golden.

Thanks for the well wishes with Lisa. Her hand is doing ok this morning and she's out the door for a hair appointment. You can't slow that woman down lol

16. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    I'm glad lisa is getting better. She's out getting her hair done so she will be fine:laugh1:

17. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Sorry to hear you couldn't make the trip,especially under the circumstances.Good to hear the hand's doing well.Hopefully,she'll recover in no time.

18. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    We have a planed trip to CC saturday does everybody have enough skips for
    wheeler lake ? let me know if you need some.

19. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Yes, let me know if you need some. I plan on catching about a thousand of them and will be selling them for ten dollars a piece:laugh1:

20. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Well we ( Rat, Stitch and Myself) got to Cumberland City @6:30 am thursday the 14th,and the SLAUTER Began------------We TORE THEM UP. If you casted out and didnt bring in a Double It was because 1 got off the line,Triple catches were not uncommon. --WOW WHAT A HOOT!!! 2 1/2 hours later, and everything we had to put fish in was full.
    We ended up with 235 lbs. of fish It was a Beautiful Day (unless you were a Skipjack)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010