Skip Jack Herring in Badin???

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catamount311, Nov 12, 2009.

1. catamount311

catamount311 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Does anyone know if there is skip jack's in Badin, and if so what is the best way to go about catching them?

2. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    There are no skipjacks in badin. Just bluebacks...

3. catamount311

catamount311 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Do they school up like shad and ripple the top of the water or do you have to mark them on your electronics? Also, do they hang out around the dam or are they all over the place. All i've had any luck netting are shad at Badin.

4. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    shrewboy and i caught about 150 bluebacks between the two dam walls last trip in about three throws. Water had a little flow but not running full. If running fast you can motor up drift down with current and throw net.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  5. catamount311

catamount311 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've got a 4 foot radius net, am I gonna need to get a bigger net if I plan on netting numbers like that? I'd like my avatar to be of me forklift holding a hawg like everyone else is, so far havn't had any such luck. Just got a new fish finder though, maybe that will help me out.

6. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    catamount... I'm out there every weekend, going saturday about 8pm this weekend. let me know when you going and you can follow me on a bait run:big_smile:. youll have a ton of questions but you will see how easy it is on most trips. bait does get tuff sometimes but its rare you dont catch enough to fish. I dont do exactly as all the others on rigs but I do what works for me and improve when I can, they do the same and your way probably wont be just like ours but it will work for you. I dont know if Mac still does it but couple years ago if you joined CCC he would take you out for some cats on norman. But thas all you need is a trip or two out with someone knowledgeable on the big cats. And if a pictures worth a thousand words...being there is a million. good luck

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009