Skip Jack Fishing on Cumberland River

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by faith, Feb 9, 2009.

1. faith

faith New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I thought about going skip jack fishing at New Johnsonville this weekend Feb 13 and 14. How is the water and fishing?

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Somebody will let you know, I haven't been out there.

3. Honzy333

Honzy333 New Member

State:
    MO
    I was planning on going down to CC Steamplant but it sounds like the ran has pushed them out. If there are any running there PLEASE let me know too! Thanks

4. jprice2767

jprice2767 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i am going down to CC steam plant on the 20th can anyone tell me how the skipper are running now?

5. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    One man told me and i'm just passing it along the skips are in there.I started to go and found some closer to c/ville.

6. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee

Ok went crappie fishing sunday stoppedby cc to get soem skippies they are thick in there now caught 2 almost every cast.

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Of course you did because I was there Saturday thru Sunday Morning and had to work HARD to get a few.

I figured they'd be thick again right after we left.:confused2: Fish were scattered and had no double hookups, 11 hours total fishing time with two guys resulted in 75 skipjack total for us. Yeah we worked hard.:sad2:

8. jprice2767

jprice2767 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    what did you catch em on little red tailed tube jigs or white crappie jigs?

9. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My Dad and cousin went to the steamplant yesterday and managed about 10 skips in a couple hours. They ventured up to Cheatham and managed some gizzard shad.

10. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Turns out Dover (bdporch) above was catching them the SAME time I was there Sunday Morning. I was at the mouth in the outlet catching very few from the bank. He was actually around the corner by the barges between the mouth and the boat ramp in a boat slaughtering them. They were in the river, not the steam plant outlet. Wish I would have known to try over yonder a bit.:confused2:

Sounds like they were still slow for your dad TNVOLCAT which was our experience too.

11. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes, they were a bit discouraged. They're either in there or they're not. I think the best time for them is very early in the morning.

12. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    We were there at daybreak two days in a row and it didn't help us much.

13. 8up

8up New Member

State:
    TN
    Skipeye I got 92 yesterday but it took some work to do it and almost 7 hours of casting.