Skip Jack at CC Plant

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by faith, Jul 12, 2009.

1. faith

faith New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Can a person catch a lot of skip jack at the plant at Cumberland City right now? Also, in September?

2. kittykathunter19

kittykathunter19 New Member

State:
    Wilmington, North Carolin
    no now is not a good time for skip jack the water is to hot. i never had much luck you will catch one or two but not alot, need it to cool down some before they will move back into the plant at cc

3. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    I wish i could find some scip jack,

4. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    The skips dont run to good at the steam plant this time of year. You will catch one or two here and there but they are really thick in there during the winter time. Just keep watching the postings and you will know when they start moving in real good. The guys in the area are really good about reporting about them. Those of us that live there know that many of you travel long distances to stock up so many will post to help ya'll out. I will be home the first half of September from Iraq and will try to remember to post if they are starting to come in. That is usually still a little to early thought.

5. MOCatdaddy

MOCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    More likely always under dams as the coolness from the boils :wink:

6. Yourused

Yourused New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We were there last week when they had some sorta explosion and water stopped flowing. S J came in in force and we got bait for weeks.. so its just hit or miss. but the cats off both side of the wall are few but large if you get lucky..

7. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    do you get mooneye down that way