Skin Cancer

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by efrith, Dec 20, 2009.

1. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    I had a spot come up on my top lip about five years ago went to the Doctor and sure enough it was skin cancer. The Doctor removed it and it came back he removed it again and got it all that time.He told me to use sun screen any time I go outside. Well I used it for a long time about two years then lost my job and could not buy sun screen and tackle too. So for the last three years you guess it no sun screen and now I have a cancer on the tip of my nose. Well no one to blame but me(Stupid).I guess I'm posting this to tell everyone to please put on the sun screen skin cancer will creep up on you before you know it. After I had the first spot removed I put some sun screen in my boat. When I lost my job I didn't think too much about it (it was bait or sun screen)well sun screen will be a part of my tackle stock from now on. I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday and will have stitches in my nose for the holidays.

Please put some Sun Screen on before you go fishing so you don't get Skin Cancer.

2. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    eddie sorry to hear that.your right buy that sun screen,and use it.even if its cloudy out(you NEED it when its cloudy too),it want do any good sitting in the boat.i've been tested twice,and dodged a bullit both times.i'm guilty too,i've got it in the boat but don't use it(stupid).but maybe with a friend getting it i'll actually use it.thanks eddie great advice.and if you need anything bro. just holla.my wife i are thinkin' of ya.keep your head up.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009

3. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    sorry to hear that buddy, im just as bad as anyone for not waring it, but i really need to start. amazing what a little sunscreen can prevent..

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Eddie sorry to hear of your skin cancer. Thanks for sharing some good advise. Sometimes we have to learn the lesson the hard way.:wink:

5. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Yep I know I will be using sunscreen from now on learned it the hard way.

6. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    thank for the info brother....gonna get me some sun screen for sure...:wink:

7. tbird

tbird Member

State:
    IN
    That sun can be a killer. I never wore a cap or used any kind of skin protection or sunglasses while fishing or farming. Now I am paying for it. I have had lentigo maligna and after micrographic surgery am doing pretty well. Still need to go to dermatologist ever 6 months and he usually find something to wack off and test.
    As for my eyes had cataract surgery in both eyes when I was 50 then 3 years ago had a detached retina. They are now learning that having implants at a younger age can lead to this. Now after 5 retinal surgeries I have pretty much lost the right eye.
    You guys use sun screen and wear some good sun glasses.
    My grandson is wearing his shades and using the sun screen.

8. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    ive got to go jan 21 for cateract sergery too...dont know what to expect...i hope it dont mess up my fishin tournaments.:eek:oooh:

9. tbird

tbird Member

State:
    IN
    I recommend you learn the signs of a detached retina and if you have any symptoms at all get to an ophthalmologist quick. If you catch it before the macula comes off they can pretty much save it.
    Cataract surgery is a real blessing and you will have 20/20 vision just take care of it. Slow that flat bottom boat down I think that is what got me.