Skiatook Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Harndog, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Harndog

Harndog New Member

State:
    Ok
    I am new just stubbled onto this site looking ofr info on Catfish in Skiatook. I plan to go this weekend up on the Bull creek area and see if I can't find a few big ones. Also does anyone know anything about Noodling in this lake? Are boxes or Barrels aloud? Is the Flathead even numerous enough to get any big fish from it? I just have a 16 ft Lowe John and 5 hp merc so I stay out of the big water. Thanks and look forward to talking with yall

dave

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Dave, no man made features are allowed when noodling in Oklahoma. You can have your hands, a rope or stringer, and a willow branch. Basicall nothing metal or noodling boxes. If the ODWC catches you putting out barrels or boxes, you could loose your hunting and fishing priveleges in Oklahoma for your lifetime. Just do it man-to-fish. You may want to go buy Walmarts and get a copy of the 2008 pamphlet.

3. Harndog

Harndog New Member

State:
    Ok
    Thanks I was not sure it has been many a year since my last catfishing adventure much less the noodling part. I had just seen some video's of guys doing this and wondered if they where legal. Guess I will go check an old road bed and some rock bluffs I know in the area. Thanks again. Also anyone know anything about the lake as far as flathead go?