skanue

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by liltroy, Jun 1, 2008.

1. liltroy

liltroy New Member

State:
    Salina, Kansas,
    finally got a boat and couldnt wait to use it. although the rivers are pretty high and all i have is a paddle and a small snow shovel we attempted to try our luck. using perch we set sail on the saline and by dark i had 3 flats not big ones around 5 pounds each. not bad for first trip and also that was from say 1 to 6 . heat of the day thing . planning on modifing the fiberglass skanue with spotlights and trolling motr next payday . its also a puke yellow . easy to spot now but with a new coat of john deer green it will be showroom ready lol:roll_eyes:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congratulations on the new scanoe and the fish. I bet that was fun. I love to do stuff like that. I've done that plenty of times with this old beat up 10' jon I have. I cant register it so I just use it for float trips. I would recommend getting a handheld/mountable spotlight for it. CG rules say you must have a white anchor light on while anchored and you can buy battery operated ones at Wally World. I dont think you would have to worry about anything on the Saline though. Thanks for the mental picture of a puke yellow scanoe cruisin the river with an oar and a snow shovel.:smile2:From one redneck to another, GETER DONE! Also a few words of advice from someone who has learned the hard way. Scout the river well before you venture too far off, rivers can change very fast and that current is constant.High water conceals alot of hazards. Thanks for the report.

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    brother, ya make me proud by gawd !!

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah , I was about to say , that sounds like something JJ would do. :smile2:

5. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Just a fine example of nothing gettin in the way of a man's passion for the great outdoors! Do the darn thing.

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Poor old JJ, everybody picks on him!! but I think he like's it:big_smile:

7. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Way to go brother!! If you can't score a trolling motor, I'll bet J.J. could hook ya' up with a weed-eater and a fan blade!!

8. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    :tounge_out:always been kind of partial to puke yellow myself. Least no one will steal it!