size or numbers of flathead catfish, which is more fun

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by flathunter, Feb 3, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lets just say you could have a day on your home river, a day where you could catch 1 50lb-flathead.

Or 15 flatheads from 15-30lbs.

Which would you prefer.

I would take the 15 fish between `15-30lbs.

More action would be more fum for me, and I have never caught 15 flatheads in a day also.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I don't want to choose. I want BOTH! Can I do one on the first day and two on the second day?:smile2:

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Since Im used to sitting around and not getting any I would say either or would suit me just fine. But catching 15 or so that are 15lbs or over I would be estatic

4. Tangler

Tangler New Member

State:
    Sugarcreek, Ohi
    I have always liked quantity over quality. But i guess either would be fine. Both scenarios I would consider a good day:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack, I will take the 50!:wink: We catch numbers of flatheads at times where I fish on the river. Its not uncommon to catch 10 or 12 flats in a nights time. We also had a great night last spring on the Ohio River catching numbers biggest was around 35 pounds. Don't get me wrong them nights are never dull and a blast, but I would trade ya a couple of them nights for a 50 plus anyday!!! rollo

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i think i would take the numbers,would make for a fun day

7. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would rather have 15 flatheads over 50 lbs:big_smile:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Somebody ain't greedy!!:roll_eyes::smile2: rollo

9. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'd let you real 1 in.But just 1:wink:

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I'd take the 1 big 50lber because I have never caught one:embarassed:, seen one:crazy:, nor touched one:sad2:.

11. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    i will take the 15 over the 50 :eek:oooh:

12. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would take either one. I struck out all year last year on flats so anything would be good. I would love to catch a huge fish but I have more fun the nights we catch alot of fish.

13. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    I would take the 50 over the 15. 15 would be a fun outting, but I spend alot of hours on the river looking for that 1 big fish.

14. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    1 over 50 would be fine with me

15. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Im looking for the Monster 50#er .Ive only heard of 2 being caught around here. And both of them were eaten. By a trout liner:sad2:.

16. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The size of my bait(BIG) really limits how many Flatheads I get ahold of in a night.Although I have had some little'ns take some monster baits:eek:oooh:

17. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I'd be happy with either one, but that being said, I'd choose the 50. We've all got fish stories, but imagine telling that story at the coffee shop the next morning. I can picture it now.... "Hey Joey, did you catch any fish yesterday?.... I'd reply Well Jeff, I fished all day and half the night and only caught one fish" They'd be laughing until I said it was a 50lb Flathead. Then I'd have to pull out the pictures....

That would be a good day!

18. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Last year when i caught my pb 40 lber that was the only fish caught in 6-8 hrs of fishing. Actually the only bite that day. When the bite is non stop, then that's when it is really fun. So i geuss quantity would be my choice.

19. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I would say the 50lber over 15. I enjoy sitting there all night and that would be the ultimate pay off for me!!:wink:

20. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    I agree with rollo I love to catch a lot of fish but there is nothin like the excitement of catchin a new pb especially if its a 50. my pb at the time is 24.7. and I was pumped to catch it. I would kill to hook into a 50.