Six Pound Flathead Catfish Wins Tourney

Discussion in 'WISCONSIN RIVER TALK' started by BARathke, Aug 15, 2009.

1. BARathke

BARathke New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Wiscofisher and I went down to the first annual Stoddard WI Catfishing Tournament this morning. It started at 7am and ended at noon.

We caught one six pound Flathead and a two pound Channel. Had some other bites in the morning, but no hookups. We caught the fish next to a feeder creek in about 14 feet of water.

We received first place ($100 bucks) for getting the biggest Flathead. We thought there would be at least a 20 pounder that someone got, we guessed wrong. This was our first fishing tournament and we took first, we're happy!

Results.jpg

2. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Congratulations guys. See what happens when you stay awake in the boat?

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats guys on your first place win. You will be fishing every tournament, in your area, before lone.:wink:

4. 32HRMAG

32HRMAG New Member

State:
    Fond du Lac
    Congrats on the win.I am hoping to catch any size tonight.This will be my first time to go since the very first time I ever went over 10 years ago in Tennessee.

5. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Do us proud, 32.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    What a difference each state has in its regs. In Oklahoma, I believe flatheads have to be a minimum of 20" before you can keep them, and this places them at about the 7 lb. range. When the state law changed to place a length limit on the flatheads, it was said that they would not spawn until the were at or slightly over the 20" rule. Guess it is a good thing each state handles their game laws differently. LOL

7. BL00DWE1SER

BL00DWE1SER New Member

State:
    WISCONSIN
    congrats and nice job. I didn't even know they were having a tournament. looks like some people caught some nice channels also.

8. wisco_fisher

wisco_fisher New Member

State:
    wisconsin

Yeah was definately some nice channels pulled in. From the picture it was a combined weight of a 3, none the less 20lb+ out of three channels is pretty solid in my opinion.

Yeah if any more tournaments popup and are within driving distance I hope we can make it.

Thanks!

9. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    If you get wind of any tournaments let us know.

A steady job and the love of a good woman have been the ruination of many a good fisherman

10. knockdownducks

knockdownducks New Member

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    good job guys, man i was going to get in that but i took the kids instead it was a good trade we got these and alot of laughs..

Attached Files:

11. BARathke

BARathke New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Will do, we had short notice on it. There will be the Second Annual Stoddard Tourney next year around this time.

I can't seem to find a good site online that has all of the tournaments in this area. Any suggestions?

12. BARathke

BARathke New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Nice catches! We'll need to get together again this year before the season ends...

13. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    for sure im trying to negate with the wife on a 17 ft grizzly shes almost convinced it would be a good idea for the kids sake that way i can take all of us instead of running 2 shifts lol

14. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    The best I could negotiate with my wife was that used 14' SeaArk. When you get to be my age there isn't much left to bargain with.:confused2:

15. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats.

16. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    SURE there is, got to be creative....

17. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Tell me that again in 24 years you young whippersnapper!

:wink:Never argue with a fool. They pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

18. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    lol hey i turned 34 today im getting there

19. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    You'll never catch me. I've got too big a lead.

20. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc