Six Musky This Week

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by The Penn Slammer, Nov 8, 2008.

1. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    I wanted to share some pictures and let everyone know the big fish are biting for me. I have caught six musky in the past week and lost a few also. Hope you enjoy the pictures.The largest musky was 32#2 and one 22#9.

Attached Files:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congrats!

Beautiful fish for sure.

What did you use to catch them?

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Very NICE Bro! Definitely some line stripping, and reel scream'n going on there!!!!!!!!

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    In WV?? My Muskie fishing neighbor would be very jealous!!:smile2:

I live right close to the Mud river, I am going to have to get serious and see if I can catch one or two.

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nice fish! Congrats on the catch!

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good catch. Do they eat those fish or are they just for fun? Vicious lookin critters.

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yes John, they can be eat'n Most I know just fish them for fun, but Also know a few that have fry'd them up. They sure are nice, and a helofalota of fun to fight :wink:

8. The Penn Slammer

State:
    Princeton, West
    I have been using 8-10 in suckers,shiners,and chubs since the middle of October fishing for trophy Smallmouth bass. I have caught several 6#+ bass using big baits including this monster 6'15 that I am putting on the wall.

Attached Files:

9. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Dang big fish. Nice job.. Be sure and save some for the next fellow :smile2:
    Congrads and thanks for sharing.

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Those are some pigs! Nice fish

11. The Penn Slammer

State:
    Princeton, West
    I went fishing wednesday and me and my partner both caught small muskies and lost one in the twenty pound range when the hook came out. We saw one musky that I am sure was over 40 pounds but it was not interested in biting anything we had.While fishing for these musky we caught seven bass in the 4 pound range and 9 other decent ones. I cant wait to get one of these monsters I have been seeing and losing from time to time.

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great looking fish, congrats and good luck in the future

13. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    nice fish bro. Im trying to get out and get me my first one ever. I never even seen one in person.(except mounted in tackle shops) Anyone have any all around muskie tips for me? Please. hahaha. And congrats on the fish again.:worship:

14. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Great fish! I have to get out this winter and try to get me a few of those Muskie. I like to use live suckers or bucktails tipped with a live chub or sucker. I do good with orange and black or the chart., green, and orange rainbow color. Good luck.

15. The Penn Slammer

State:
    Princeton, West
    Use big live bait and be patient. I use 20lb spiderwire stealth with 9 inch 30lb steel leaders and 3/0 or 4/0 Gamigatsu offset shank worm hooks. This is a goofy rig but I hook more fish with this than with other hooks. I am still catching several big smallmouth when fishing like this. Good Luck

16. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Any kind of bait? Or should i focus on catching something certain. And how much wait you think ill need or should i just let it do what it wants? Thanks

17. The Penn Slammer

State:
    Princeton, West
    I prefer big 8-10 inch suckers and I let them roam free where I fish but you may need a sinker where you fish. I hope you catch one soon.

18. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    are you still fishing the mcoy/parrott area? i've fished the new river for 20 years and have caught some huge smallies and big flatheads, but i just can't seem to catch a muskie. i've seen alot of them and even had people in my canoe catch them. i'll just keep trying. congrats on all the nice fish
    chip

19. The Penn Slammer

State:
    Princeton, West
    I am still fishing the Mcoy/Parrot area and still learning. I really think I have found where the fish are for the winter. PM me and we can hook up and get after them.

20. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    man, what awesome looking fish! i am nowhwere near a place to catch them, but thanks for putting up some bada$$ pictures.