Six Feet High, and Rising

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmandeux, May 8, 2007.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Four am, and I've got the house to myself...make coffee, check emails, check BOC...time to check the river.

I get a cuppa joe, and walk down the bluff, in the moonlight. Wow. Just...wow.

Runnin' bankfull, muddy water silver in the moonlight, makin' all of those lovely little sucking, gurgling, whirling sounds that tell a blind man he's by a river...I can just make out trees coming past like ghosts, and a beaver swims by, just inches from my toes. Chuck Will's Widows call out to each other, as I watch the lightning flashes from over Pottawatomie County, nearly 100 miles to the west.

Slightly chilled, and out of coffee, time to go...

Just thought I'd share with all of you river rats.:smile2:

2. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    'Preciate for rubing that in on al of us being held prisoner of war in suburbia.

Thanks for painting that picture sure enough. If it was 25 degrees and a little foggy I'd be putting my waders on and loading the dog and the shotgun in the boat.

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like your rendition of the nasty weather the Okies are going thru a whole lot better than NBC's. It don't make it better, but it sounds better...:smile2:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Supporting America's Militant Agnostics...we don't know, and you don't either.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    For giving such a beautiful rendition of the River. My! I know that was a powerful feeling being there and seeing that!! I have been on the bank and watched the sun rise from total darkness skies turning into daylight,birds starting to sing.It's just pure magic to watch ,see and hear! Absolutely beautiful!!:big_smile:

5. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    Wow. Wish I could see that, except for the 4 AM part, that is.:crazy:

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Dave, that reminds me of college in Durant, OK. Seemed like it was always raining there. My roommate and I would put on a pot of coffee and just sit and watch the amazing lightning storms. They were something to see. When the storms were south of us, we'd fish at texoma and get to watch the lightning show from a distance. I think the storms and the lake are about the only things I miss from that place.....