Sit ON or Sit IN?

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by rnickel17, Jul 28, 2017.

1. dnunn

dnunn Member

State:
    va
    I like the sots for fishing, for all the reasons above. I have two: a 12' Native Manta Ray and a 16' Tarpon. The 12 footer is easy to load and transport. It fits in the bed of my truck; no overhead lifting, etc. I really like it for small streams, especially if I have get in/out for logs, etc., although it has a slightly deeper draft than my 16' canoe. It paddles ok, but it's not my choice for long distance paddling. The 16 footer is a beast. It requires a ladder rack type carrier, bed extender (easy, but I don't have one, yet), or trailer. On the water, though, it moves like a dream. Both are very stable for fishing. BTW, I'm 6'2" 240lbs

2. Ammo

Ammo Well-Known Member

State:
    Glendale, AZ
    I have their red & black 10 footer. Great ride for the price, especially with the military discount!

Catpaw likes this.

3. BillSki

BillSki Active Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Name:
    Bill
    Not being a negative nancy or anything and im sure those kayaks are fine but there are TONS of these "clone" companies making kayaks now but I've yet to see any of them offer the service or warranty like wilderness systems or ocean kayak does. The price difference is so small i would seriously recommend buying from one of the higher end companies. Check out Austin kayak, they will steer you in the right direction. Ive bought 3 kayaks from them and god knows how many parts/accessories.

4. BDC2

BDC2 Member

State:
    Kansas, Wichita
    Don't forget the used market. I have three kayaks that have come off of cl. If your not in a hurry eventually you run into someone who understands a fair price is not just knocking the sales tax off the price of a new one. I recently got a jackson coosa for what I would have paid new for an ascend and a paddle. Next summer I'll be on the hunt for a jackson cruise for my wife.

5. vortex

vortex Twirlygig Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Luke
    Jacksons are great yaks.

6. Eldorado

Eldorado New Member

State:
    Texas
    Name:
    Dale
    I have bought a lot of kayak parts & accessories from Austin Canoe & Kayak. Their customer service is good and they ship fast.

Not knocking big brand name kayaks like Wilderness Systems or Ocean Kayak, but to get the same features my Ascend fs12t has, I would have had to pay twice as much. Instead, I used that savings to buy more stuff for my kayak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Catfish1 mobile app

7. vortex

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Luke
    ACK is awesome. Love their store and staff. They're good over the internet as well.

8. Eldorado

Eldorado New Member

State:
    Texas
    Name:
    Dale
    Yep! And ACK bas free shipping on orders over $39.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Catfish1 mobile app

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    What happened to Ray, I haven't seen him post in awhile.

10. twaskom

twaskom Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    I was wondering the same thing. He has not been posting in a couple of weeks. Hope he is OK.

Catpaw likes this.
  11. vortex

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Luke
    Seems to be. Last seen today, and I know I saw him post in the last couple of days.

IMG_9740.PNG

twaskom and Catpaw like this.
  12. twaskom

twaskom Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    I just did a search for his name and his Profile says he has not posted since July 30th. He did click the "likes" button three times last Wednesday on the Ugly Stick thread.

13. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I checked his profile this morning to, And he hasn't posted in awhile.

twaskom likes this.