Sinking Braid

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by wvcatfisherman, Jul 20, 2009.

1. wvcatfisherman

wvcatfisherman Active Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Is there any sinking braided lines out there? I fish with bobbers in a lake and if it floats and the wind blows the bobbers go everywhere. Any help would be appreciated. :big_smile: Thanks

2. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I dont think so i have the same problem and all you can do is go with a lighter line or just fight the wind like i do when i use corks

3. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    stren made a sinking braid. I've never spooled it up.

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    the berkley gorilla braid sinks.Its made to.

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Interesting problem.Unfortunately braids are generally made of materials that are naturally bouyant.I shouldnt say unfortunatley.Fishing with floats on Santee among the stumps and trees in shallow water if you use mono it sinks.When you go to reel in or set the hook you must pull that sunken line in so to speak and in the process your cork goes under ,and it or the line get snagged quite often.Braid solves that problem nicely and gives you direct contact for reeling in or hook setting.It does blow around however so one advantage can become a disadvantage due to conditions.I would prefer it to float for that direct line action without having to haul a lot of line underwater when setting the hook and keeping the cork up on the surface when reeling in among stumps or snags.:smile2::big_smile: