Sinkers

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Ed1, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    There has always been a great hook debate but what about sinkers .Depending on how I am fishhing, I use no rolls or flat banks most of the time along with split shots. What do most of you use ? Also is there a paticular sinker that you seem to have less hang ups with?

2. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    I use egg sinkers a lot. This past weekend I was in Aranass Pass and tried to buy some at the wal-mart. They did not have any. I later found a local tackle store that had some for sale for a dollar an oz. They said everything including lead is going up. Looks like I will start casting my own. Catfishjon

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i use a no roll 3-4 oz in the river and in sand pits i use egg sinkers but i always use split shots to stop my sinker
    and the closer my sinker to my hook the less i get hung up
    hope this helps

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I mainly use bank sinkers because I have the molds up #5 -make my own .....so its allllll gooooooood!:wink:

5. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    well between me and my friends we pour our own so i have access to bank, flat bank, pyramid, trolling and a few other sinkers. i have noticed that trolling and beach bombs snag the least where i'm fishing.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I just bought some lead in OKC at .75 per pound. If he was getting a dollar an ounce, that's $16.00 for a pound. Think I would just go back to the store, find the salesman, and tell him you have removed "sucker" from your forehead and start making your own. Just think, two pounds of lead at that price would pay for your molds. sigh

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use no-rolls mostly 5oz, but will go up to 8oz if needed...I dont know if they are any better than other sinkers, I just like them. I just bought 60 5-oz no rolls and paid 75 cents a piece for them.

8. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    I mostly use 5 to 8 ounce bank style sinkers. In the past I have used egg sinkers when using a slip rig but now with my 3 way rig, its always bank sinkers. rspd507

9. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I mostly use either 2 oz egg or bank sinkers. the egg sinkers are good for the lake and let me make a decent cast. I use the bank sinkers for when i fish the river or below the dam when they are generating.

10. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I mainly use bank sinkers because I have the molds to make 2s though 8s. They work just fine for me, I have used them all of my life.When I fish below Kaw dam and they are runnin water 6 and 8s are essential. That gets expensive really quick. With the price of lead pouring your own is still expensive compared to 5 years ago. It is also getting harder to find.:confused2:

11. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    mariofish use no roll sinkers