Sinkers

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by MoMudCat, Mar 20, 2008.

1. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    Made some sinkers last night. I have found that my welding table makes a really good platform for making them. The sinkers at the left are 20 oz sinkers. The pile next to them is clips and slag from melting the tire weights. I melt the lead with a cast iron pot on a fish fryer and have a vice to keep my mold together. I use the smaller spoon for cleaning the lead and the big dipper for pouring. The muffin tin is for lead I have cleaned that I don't have time to pour. I know everyone has their own system, but this one works really well for me. Please excuse the trashy garage in the background, it's been a long winter!! :big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    those are nice i make my own also but the biggest i make is a 8oz egg sinker but i like my 3-4oz flatnoroll
    nice set up i wish i had that much room to make mine

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good lookin setup you have there. I was just wondering what kind of ventilation system you use to vent the lead fumes out of the garage.

4. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    Glenn,
    I just roll the table out to the very edge of the concrete/door and open the windows. There is usually a decent breeze pulling most of the smoke out of the garage. I guess I could move the operation down to my walk out patio, but then I would not have the nice steel table to work on.

thanks,
    Jim

5. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    MAN, and all this time I was using electrical tape!!! John, you are the man! Hopefully, I won't have to worry about it anymore, my new mold makes 10, 12,16 and 20 oz weights. Give me a holler when you want to come down and fish!!
    Jim

6. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    We make all our own sinkers too. No need to spend money on something you will lose.

7. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    The biggest sinker I use is a ounce and a half.

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    nice looking river sinkers thanks for the pics