Sinkers

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by stangcrazy85, May 14, 2009.

1. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    Started making sinkers today 1-4 oz. flat ones it is a pretty satisfying feeling knowing you make some of your own tackle i'll post up some pics later this evening

2. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    a pic fer ya

Attached Files:

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice job!! Now that you make your own you can go crazy with it!! I have over 120 lbs of sinkers and still close to 500 lbs of lead. The days i get bored i pour sinkers. lol

4. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Good deal, nice sinkers! Always good when you can put a little of yourself into your hobby...... who knows, maybe you'll progress even further and come out with your own line of catfishin' reels:wink:

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I think it is good for the mind Roger.:wink: Something about watching molten lead turn into sinkers

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hummm 500-lbs huh??? where mine..lol

7. Gazippoman

Gazippoman New Member

State:
    GA
    Wish I would find 50 pounds around here. Spent a bit of today looking for scrap lead. None of the scrap yards around here sell it. Guess my next step is look for a plumbing supply strore. Sure won't pay BPS prices!

Bill

8. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Do you ever go to any of the small tire shops around your house? That's where we get ours, we pay $5.00 a 5 gallon bucket full of used wheel weights, and that's alot of sinkers!!! Oh and Toby good job on the sinkers they look good, and sorry I did'nt mean to hijack your thread!:eek:oooh:

9. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Try the tire shops, especially the tire spot where you get your tires. Generally they have a couple five gallon buckets of old weights setting around, the price of scrap lead sucks so most of the time they will give it to you or sell a bucket for about ten dollars. Pretty cheap sinkers as a five gallon bucket of lead weighs at least a hundred pounds.

10. St.Croix_2010

St.Croix_2010 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    look around for old cast nets that people have tourn holes in and take the weights from those....