Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Sinkers

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  St.Croix_2010 
#1 ·
Started making sinkers today 1-4 oz. flat ones it is a pretty satisfying feeling knowing you make some of your own tackle i'll post up some pics later this evening

#3 ·
Nice job!! Now that you make your own you can go crazy with it!! I have over 120 lbs of sinkers and still close to 500 lbs of lead. The days i get bored i pour sinkers. lol

#8 ·
Wish I would find 50 pounds around here. Spent a bit of today looking for scrap lead. None of the scrap yards around here sell it. Guess my next step is look for a plumbing supply strore. Sure won't pay BPS prices!

Bill
Do you ever go to any of the small tire shops around your house? That's where we get ours, we pay $5.00 a 5 gallon bucket full of used wheel weights, and that's alot of sinkers!!! Oh and Toby good job on the sinkers they look good, and sorry I did'nt mean to hijack your thread!:eek:oooh:

#9 ·
Try the tire shops, especially the tire spot where you get your tires. Generally they have a couple five gallon buckets of old weights setting around, the price of scrap lead sucks so most of the time they will give it to you or sell a bucket for about ten dollars. Pretty cheap sinkers as a five gallon bucket of lead weighs at least a hundred pounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.