Sinkers

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT, Apr 10, 2009.

1. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Doing a lot of catfishing,natually I leave my share of sinkers on the bottom.Just want to pass on a little tip.I like do-it no roll sinkers in size 2 -7 ozs.If i,m fishing an area I know is patricularly snaggy, I find that I can cut my losses by switching sinker types. I,ll switch to the crescent trolling sinkers (do-i t mold also). I make these in sizes 2-6 ozs also. You only have to use an insert & swivel on one end, I then rig it up as a sliding rig , just like you,d fish the no roll sinkers. You,ll be surprised what they,ll come through without hanging up.:0a26:

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I'm not sure what kind of sinkers these are... are these those thin bananna shaped sinkers:confused2: (Lindy rigs??) or perhaps the pyramid shaped sinkers, they are supposed to be no roll. Do you order Online? or do you make you own?

so far, not having made the commitment to buy online, or make my own sinker- I've been relying on walmarts rather sparse selection.

If I knew what to get, exactly, I'd probably be willing to buy online.

as far as that goes, I would be interested in 'cutting my loses' there's nothing worse than knowing within seconds of casting it in that its probably hung up.

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

I make my own. The no roll sinkers are flat and oval shaped. The crescent trolling sinkers are banana shaped, but not long & thin. They,re pretty chunky. The no-roll sinkers are called exactly that,the other mold is listed as crescent trolling sinkers. You,ll easily save enough in the 1st year to pay for your molds.

4. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    i like the no roll,egg and use river (disc) sinkers on a sinker slide. i was woundering if the those trolling sinkers would be good. i saw some at sporstman and was going to buy them just was not sure. plus i just bought 10 lbs of no roll and river on ebay. pat maybe we could work something out on sinkers, that's if you would make some for me. i would gladely pay for them. i have been poundering to start making my own just not to sure all what i need to start. i know the melting pots and molds can get pricey. any help would be nice i'll thank you now....justin:cool2:

5. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    ooops I thought this post was going to be about candy bars. Damn dyslexia!

6. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Pat I have used those sinkers in the past. I just have a hard time finding the anymore usally can only find 1 ouncers.

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

Just call up di-it molds and have them send you a catalog. 866-984-3648. Hope this helps.

8. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I use a walking type (lindy rig) sinkers all the time.
    Mostly since I'm fishing smaller water, and prefer to be in the slower edges I go with fairly small sinkers. 1/2 - 5/8ths are my most used.

I have been talking a lot of mine down to the vise in the basement and smack them about 3 times with a hammer.
    Flattens them out nicely so they don't roll on the bottom and tangle.

This happens to be on a carp rig, this one is fixed, but I do the same thing as a running rig by adding a small split shot or bead to make a sinker stop.

Attached Files: