Sinker Slides

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Jul 29, 2009.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I used sinker slides for the first time the other night, I had my bait clickers on and the runs were fast with the sinker slides. No resistance were on the Main line with the slides.

Attached Files:

2. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Where do you get those Top?

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Top stay outta my tackle box.. :smile2:

4. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    How did you get the eyelet in the no-roll??

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Place a cotter pin in the mold with the ends bent out instead of putting the rod you put in for the hole. :wink: or a small swivel. cotter pin is on the cheap though.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I went to tractor Supply and matches the eyelet up with the hole in the no-roll, the eye let needs to be one size bigger than the hole to big it will break off in the No-roll.

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I believe Teamcatfish.com carries the sinker-slide in a variety of different sizes:big_smile:

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Capt Hugh convinced me on the slides.I use them drifting at Santee with good results.They also let me use a variety of different weights as long as they have an eye.LOL:smile2:I still use a bead to keep the slide from impacting the swivel

9. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    you can get sinker slides from wild wolf products also...

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thanks for the Heads up Kevin

11. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Jim, what is the benifit of using a slide drifting? is it just for the convenience of changing wieghts? I have some slides from Team catfish also, Picked them up at a local store here that carries TC products.

12. Shep

Shep New Member

State:
    Lamar Arkansas
    I get mine from Catfish Connection they work great

13. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Jim they allow a fish to run with your bait and not feel anything also allows for fast sinker changes.
    Also I use screw in Eye bolts in my no-roll sinkers. Been doing it for a long time. Holds up well. Did have one screw out some on the Ms River last week. Had to 8 oz on one or our sinkers slides at one time. But held up.
    We have sinker slides on our site. Wildwolfproducts.com
    Pete

14. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Team Catifsh has Sinker Slides...........and remember, they are a BOC sponsor.

15. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jim the slides do all the things that have been said and I notice if hung the snap generally opens and all I lose is the sinker.I like that a lot.I do use 80lb braid so I can exert a lot of pressure but for the most part the snap opens easy enough.The reason I mention the braid is you might break the line BEFORE the snap would open with 30lb mono lets say.Again I use a bead between the slide and the swivel to protect the knot.:big_smile:

16. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Another advantage to using sinker slides is that you can just unclip the sinker for transport, and it just takes a second to clip it back on when you are ready to fish. Saves a lot of wear and tear on your rods.

I use mine with a drop line to the sinker in order to keep the bait a little off the bottom, and a side benefit of that is that the 20lb drop line will break before the slide does. All it takes is a second to clip on a new sinker and I'm fishing again.

17. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    ABSOLUTELY thanks Gary I had totally forgotten that one and it may be the best advantage.Sure saves wear and tear on the rods riding around in rough water.How you been,havent heard from you in a while.:big_smile:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  18. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i just looked wildwolfproducts are considerably cheaper, and is also a boc sponsor as well and i think for alot longer

19. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the post "Top"... been using them for a several years now. A suggestion for you... instead of using the "snap swivel" to the lead.. use a piece of line... light test if it is to be sacraficial, or heavier if needed .... Essentially, even though it is a slider per say, the longer line to the sinker makes the rig like a "three way system.:wink:

20. catfishcraz

catfishcraz New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I have wondered about using these sliders since I moved to arkansas a few years back and now I see many are suggesting them. I used them in california when I used to live there for sturgeons and catfish and stripers. Man, I tell you they are a life saver in many cases. Extra smooth sliding for the fish to take your bait and then you just watch them haul that line like there's no tommorow and you got'em good! Is that a metal kind I see in the picture? I never seen a metal slider. I have always used the plastic ones and they come in many sizes depending on how much wieght your putting on there. Thanks for the reminder Tops!