Sinker slides??

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by ShilohRed, Feb 14, 2009.

Do you use sinker slides?

1. Do you use sinker slides? Yes

2. No I don't?

3. White Sinker slides?

4. Black sinker slides?

5. White sinker slides?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    How many use sinker slides? I am thinking of ordering a thousand . To add to our website.
    Pete

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I use them,Pete. My fishing partner gets them off of ebay.

3. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I'd like to give them a try,will they work with no roll sinkers

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    You would have to tie a string through the no roll sinker then clip it to the sinker slides.
    Also I need to get a mod to fix the poll., It should have been where you could vote more times then one.
    Also the last one where its white should not have been on it.
    Pete

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    They work great with no-roll sinkers. Just put a screw eye in the hole in the small end of sinker and snap it on to sinker slide.

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I just bought 244 of them what style are you thinking of buying? Ive seen a few different styles.

7. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I vote dno just because I have never had the oper. to try before. Plus I would rather try one that freind has to if I like and if I do than I would be willing to buy you or someone on the site that sells them resonable.

Chris

8. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I mainly use them because and 8oz bank sinker on 3 of my poles plus anyone else that is fishing with me make the poles really heavy plus they end up getting tangled also the ease of changing a weight without having to retie helps.:smile2:

9. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I use them because I change weights several times. Especially if I go from still fishing to drifting.

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    All that my Catalog shows, is Nylon Fish Finder Sinker Slide. Black slide silver snap. With a # 6 duo lock snap. Made by F.J. Neil

In the next few weeks we will also be stocking, Sea Striker Quick Slides
    3 Sizes
    With/#14 link -3 pack
    With /5 snap - 3 Pack
    With /6 snap 3 pack
    All kind of Swivels SS ball Bearing
    3 way swivels of all types
    Power Pro line in 150 yard spools up to 1500 yard spools.
    And a lot of other products.
    Pete

11. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I starte dusing them last fall. Quick and easy to change weights. Will be looking at your prices if you get them. Just drill a hole in the no rolls and clip them on.

12. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Yes, I use them. I get them on E-Bay for about .15 cents a piece. :wink:

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I would like to start using them, how well do they work? what is the theory behine it.

14. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    They work very well, not only do I use'm but we sell a lot of 'em @ the bait shop. Most people here use them with the pyramid sinkers for use on the surf but some use the dipsey type sinkers with'em.

The first theory is that you can change weight sizes w/o retying, as others mentioned & it is a lot easier on your mainline than the metal chafing on it.

HTH, Elliot

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Aaron,
    To answer your question -"Yes"- all that you have to do is put a small Eye-bolt in the top of the no-roll & attach it like any other sinker - "Work for me Buddy.
    :0a26:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have also found if you are using a sinker that is to fat for the snap you can use a cheap line tie in the weight and hook to the snap. This is not a problem with sinkers that used an eye. This normally applies to the older style large bank snikers.

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Guy's I will price them the best I can. But I will say, I can't and will not even try to price them with what is on E-Bay. To start with the ones that are on E-Bay most times are not as well made as these. I will not say all the time. But for the most part its like everything else.
    You get what you pay for. If you buy from E-Bay and have good luck with that product. I am happy for you. But again are they a sponsor of the BOC? These cost me more then what there selling the ones on E-bay for. And that is with me buying 1000 at a time.
    So if I had to price them with E-Bay I will tell you. This country boy would just not invest $$ into products.
    Pete

18. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Pete's right about Ebay, I was disappointed with some sinker slides I got. The "size 6" snap was about a third the size of some others I had that used a size 6 snap, and wasn't adequate for bigger bank sinkers.

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    This is what I was talking about when I said using the "Eye-Bolt & the No-Roll" for your Sliders.

(Of course, your eye-bolt size verys for the size of your no-roll)
    :wink:

Attached Files:

20. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like using sinker slides. It makes it easy to add, remove or change weights. They're a useful tool in the catfishing business.