Sinker Sliders??

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Circlehook Jester, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hello my Brothers/Sisters. Have one of those tackle questions. I have been hearing a lot of good things with these new sinker sliders. Does anybody have any feedback on these things? Size, what is the best sinker to attach, etc. I am thinking about ordering some of these things. I use braided line (Power Pro) and sometimes get 'frayed' line from letting sinkers run up and down the line. I use sinker beads and all that. Could be just something I am doing wrong.

2. ZachDinicola

ZachDinicola Member

State:
    Greatbend/Hays
    Ok.. i havent used the slides but they seem like they have good potential.. it definitely would make changing your weights on and off alot easier but if you dont feel like spending that money then you can use some swivels that you probably already have laying around.. what you do is you tie you swivel to your line then you tie your hook on the other side, then use the top part of the swivel where your line without the hook is attached and run another one down to tie on to your sinker.. works best with sinkers that have brass eyelets.. i have been using this method for the past two years and have had awesome luck with it.. its cheap and easy.. if you dont have swivels you can get like 12 for .79 cents or so..

Good luck

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    GO to wild wolf products and order ya some sinker slides... he carries them.

4. Waterbug

Waterbug New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I've not used them, but I have read up on them & they seem to be a good product. A couple of other bros. here in the USCA contributed to a post about them sometime back. They mentioned how they use swivels to do the same thing. They run one swivel up the line, then a bead, they tie a second swivel to the main line. They tie a weight line from the first swivel. Sounds to me like a three way swivel type set up, but the main line is free to move through the weight line swivel.

I'm using their method until I run out of swivels. Then I'll spring for the sinker sliders.

5. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Thats one reason they make e'm to not fray your line anymore...They slide up & down your line..you can change sinker size without re-tying..durable too check out Teamcatfish.com Jeffery's got them!!!!

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I drift fish and lake fish most of the time and the swivel's work good.

Whole lot cheaper than the slides.

7. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I love sinker slides..I use them with banksinkers and no-roll..Whe you use them for no-rolls you have to ram or mold a cotter pin in the hole of the sinker...Alot of people use the river or disc sinkers with them to....They are great little devices...Wild wolf and team catfish have them...I got mine from basspro but i want to get some team catfish ones.. Because the ones i got are VERY hard to open..

8. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well I have been using team catfish's sinker slides for a while now and I dont know how I ever got by without them. Takes all the hastle out of sinkers. You can take them off so they dont beat up your pole or get tangled. You can switch weight whenever you want without retying. Your line wont frey. They are awesome for any sinker weight I have ever used. You just have to use the right style of sinkers. If you want to use no rolls or something else that cannot be put on a sinker slide, the sinker bumpers Jeff makes help with the line freying. The weight will curl when hitting a glass bead but a sinker bumper cushions the sinker. This stops an abrasive edge from being created. Either will help solve your problems. Jeff from Team Catfish will hook you up and get you all straightened out. He also sells braid if you think the braid may not be top quality check it out. I love all their stuff.

9. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I use them and don't know how I fished without them. Want to anchor fish, unclip it and put a disc sinker on. Want to drift, unclip and put a pencil or slinky sinker on. Fishing in current? Don't you hate throwing it out and the current brings it right to shore? Cut line add more weight and try again. Not with sinker slides. Unclip add weight and throw back out until you get the right amount of weight. And you can take the weights off while your poles are at home or in transit so the weights are not banging on your poles.

I love my sinker slides. Ya they are touch more expensive than plain swivels, but they are way cooler looking :cool:

10. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    make sinker slides your self good winter project and much cheaper you can make 60 slides for less than $10 bucks comepair that to 25 for $12 bucks hear is how get snap swivels size 5 and fish tank air tube get snap lock swivels not the cheap brass ones they will come open ben there done that .
    1. take needle nose pliers a nail and twist open the loop some just enufh to get the tubing thrue
    2. you cut length of tubing the way you want insert in loop of swivel then take your pliers and pinch the loop just enufh to keep tubing from slipping out

hope this helps you guys save some $

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
    • d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      22.2 KB
      Views:
    • b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      35.2 KB
      Views:
  11. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I got mine from Team Catfish. Sure makes re-rigging a lot easier. Make sure, if you get any, to get the rubber bumper stops also. It prevents the slides from fraying the knot itself. The only thing that I've had a problem with, is that they will break when the weights get snagged on bottom. Guess that's better than losing your whole rigging.

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thats where i got mine. Melted my no-rolls down into flat bank sinkers and disc with eyelets. Much easier to change weights and i don't have 8 oz. of lead slappin my rods when moving down the water. I'll never use anything else. Don't recall how much they cost, but pretty cheap.

13. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i like em. i get em for 12.99 for 100

14. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i think the set up in my attachment is the type of setup that you are talking about, and it is the same one that i use fairly often, and it works really well for me.

however fro me i will be getting me some sinker slides in the future... i think they are a good idea especially so you dont have to carry so many differnt weights for differnt setups. if you want to use a sliding 3-way they work, or if you wanna Carolina you can us the same flat banks with out the length of mono. they seem to be really useful and i am looking forward to trying them.

Attached Files:

15. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I made mt own with a swivel and some small tubing. Someone had posted the idea on another thread some where and I did the same thing but used a smaller ID tube.

16. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Sorry I didn't look down farther Dallas, you were the one who posted it once before. Thanks again

17. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    As far as those "rubber bumpers" Tool was talking about I make my own. Take an old spark plug wire slice edgeways down the insulation with razor knife peel "black" insulation off and your left with a "grey" rubber center with criss-cross insulation wrapped around it (looks like fish-net) cut all of this off and then pull the "center core" out. You must first take some side cutters and cut them down into about 1/2" long pieces first makes this whole process much easier. Also tweezers come in handy when clearing out the center core that your line will run through and some sort of small rod to poke through because that center core seems to be 1000 little fiber wires sometimes you get lucky with tweezers and pull it all out in one chunk sometimes it takes several pulls or use of the "poker" to clear the center.

18. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    I have been using them for 2 years now & won't use anything else now, I have recently started to use the slider bumpers from team Catfish on the knot side of the slide. I get my slides from UB Fishin ( can't remember exactly how to spell it but just add .com to the end), I buy em for 1/2 the cost they sell em at the sporting goods store, I bought 2 100 count packs last year.

19. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    thats what i do except i get the cheep big 1/0 ones from walmart that ar big enough that i just cram air hose through without having to open it up. for sinkers with big eyes zip ties work great!!!

20. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    Ive used them before and they work good as long as your fishing kleen bottom water. But when i tryed them in the river with some cover on the bottom i lost alot of sinkers becaus the slide is plastik.And did not hold wile trying to pull up out of the rocks hope this helps