Sinker Question...

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Gibbzilla, May 28, 2007.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I'm gonna be fishin in a real calm man-made lake later on, and when I use live bream, which of these two sinkers should I use? I'll be using bream up to 6 inches maybe a little smaller. The sinkers are:

1 oz. Pyramid Sinker

3. oz. Bank Sinker

I was unsure if the Pyramid would hold the bream down, and I know less weight is better, but I want to keep the bream near the bottom.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have fished for years with bream of the size you mentioned, in a flowing creek. I used 2 oz. bank sinkers and never had a problem with them swimming off with my tackle. Makes a big difference when a flat head gets on the line, though. You don't want the weight dragging to cause the fish to drop your bait. Less is best. If it's real calm, start with a one ounce and work your way up from there. The style of sinker should not matter.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Use any inline sinker weight will differ with the bait and current and how far you need to get it down there. No roll are by far the best alround sinker going egg sinkers will work if you dont have alot of current to deal with

4. STUMPKNOCKER

STUMPKNOCKER New Member

State:
    Georgia
    start with the pyramid, i use a 3oz bank sinker but that is in current.

5. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I'm strickly no roll and egg sinkers...Mostly no roll.....I have the Do-It molds up to 8oz I think....I just have a 1/4oz and 1/8oz mold for eggs.....There's not any situation a no roll won't handle for my fishing....To answer your question, I would go with the 3oz, I don't think the 1oz will hold him in one place...It might wear him down after a while....lol....Dwight

6. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I mostly use egg sinkers

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    As long as you are using a carolina rig it makes no difference what size sinker you use assuming you have the reel in freespool and the clicker on. Either weight will work I just always go with 3 to 6 OZ. But thats river fishing with larger baits. Just don't let the fish run, as soon as you can pick up the rod engage the reel and let him load up a little then stick him. Don't give him a chance to drag the sinker by running all over the lake. I would reccomend that you pull the sinker back a foot or so after casting to make sure your bait isn't pinned into the mud on the bottom. They can't swim around and call in a cat if they are burried up to their gills in the mud. And they won't live as long lol.