sinker molds

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Ruger 454, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Time to ask the experts a ?,what two size molds would you buy if the Ohio river was the main water you fished? I am leaning toward the flat bank molds but could be swayed if you have had a problem with this type.
    Pro's and con's of each kind that you use I have been fishing with regular bank sinkers and they work fine streight off the back of the boat but do not hold very well cast to the sides.
    Thanks for the advice everyone!!! Mike

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    You cant go wrong with no Rolls, Now the size is your call because I have no idea the current strength there. I will learn at the Expo in 2009

3. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I use no-roll sinkers up to 5 ounces, and sometimes wish I had larger ones. No-Roll sinkers, Flat Bank sinkers and River sinkers all of these will work, I have used them all. 5oz., 6oz., and 8oz. sinkers should do the trick for you. I fish off the pier at Pike Island Dam on the Ohio River. The current gets so strong sometimes, that the eddy current washes a 5 ounce sinker back upstream. The extra weight of a heavier sinker should make it sink faster, so that it settles quicker. I think, I will be in the market for a mold to make heavier sinkers. You might be able to use some of the smaller sizes.

http://www.do-itmolds.com/prodmolds.aspx?c=72

http://www.do-itmolds.com/prodmolds.aspx?c=70

http://www.do-itmolds.com/prodmolds.aspx?c=77

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have molds from 3oz to 12oz in the no-roll bank sinkers and, I also have 3oz to 8oz in the no roll slip sinker, that we use here in this section of the Ohio River. It really depends on the river conditions and how the fish are biting as to which ones I use!

5. Shreveport Mike

Shreveport Mike New Member

State:
    louisiana
  6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i gust got a 8,10,12,14 oz flat bank mold on ebay from, the sinker shop. they sell a few molds each week, that im to believe they make. they appear to be ok, lite flashing to trim but not excessive. if i were to rate them along with mass produced molds id give them a 3.2 out of 5 if i was to rate as a homemade job id probally give it a 4.5. either way the 1 ebay mold beats 4 do its price wise. i got good comm. and fast shipping with this ebayer someone you might wanna make a fav. seller. PS my mold needed to be HOT before it would work good for me but i got it pouring good now.:wink:

7. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    I just bought the no-rool 3,4, and 5 oz no rool sinker mold. I love it these are the three main sizes I use.