Sinker Making Gathering!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Feb 1, 2008.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I would like to know if anyone would like to sponsor a sinker making gathering here in Arkansas, I have several molds that you the members may use. This is just a thought! If enough interest is shown may-be we will talk about this more.

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sure top i got 1 threw 5 egg sinker and 6 and 8 bank sinker and 8 claw sinker molds.make a date that dont colide with a gathering like keystone,degray,and picwick and im in.ill bring 200 lbs.of lead to share.

3. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I wish i could attend we have very small lead making gatherings here in Va. But its just us local boys it would be great to go to a big one and meet some BOC brothers from other states.:sad2:

4. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Well, this is something new to me, but I am interested in coming.

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Top- i don't have any molds or know squat about pouring lead. But, if there is enough interest and it does not conflict with Degray, Keystone or pickwick, then i will Volunteer to help organize a gathering.

1. It will have to be after june of this year and not during Pickwick.

2. Also, I am assuming that this will be solely a gathering for pouring lead, BS'ing and maybe a little fishing!

3. No meal, demo's or anything other than the named above(pouring, BS'ing, and a little fishing)

So, come on Arkansas(and any other's that care to join). Give Top your input and see if he (or we) can get this thing going!!!! Let us know what you think or where you might like to see this held at!!! Nothing fancy, just a little more memories made and a little more knowledge gained for those of us that don't know!!!!!!!!!

6. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Just one more thing!!!!

I know Angelkitty is gonna see this and ask what i am getting myself into. Honey, this is gonna be a simple thing (I think) so just sit back and don't worry, you don't have to do a thing but relax and enjoy yourself.

I say this because Trisha does so much for me helping me with Degray as well as Top and a few others.Thanks to all involved! We could not hold these gatherings without the paticipation of each and every one of you that attend!!!!

7. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Hey this sounds great. I need the relaxation. So where is it gonna be at Top? I think Cherokee, Lake Darnell or Tar Camp would be an ok place to have it at. Just my 2 cents worth. :big_smile::wink:
    Now Cntryboy, why would i say a thing like that? :roll_eyes::smile2: I would like to learn about making sinkers. Sounds fun.

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Newt and Pat, This is just an idea, I would not dream of planning during Keystone or De gray. I would like to give the members that do not have molds, have a hard time getting lead, or just do not know how to pour sinkers, an opportunity to see how this is done and pick up a few sinkers. If we can get enough lead, melting pots, and members to pour this could be just a one day thing. Heck, If we could get a volunteer, we could have it at someones house and then we would not need to get any campsites

This is just in the thought stage, no pressure to get it done all members ideas are welcome. New members join in and give us your ideas, if you would like to talk more about his PM me and I will give you my home phone number.

9. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Top- Sounds good Buddy. If it helps, if you wanna have it at someones house and make it a one day thing, then Myself and Angelkitty have plenty of room. I live on 7 acres of land and have plenty of parking room as well as room to accomadate pouring , socilaizing etc.... Johnny has been to my house and can tell ya...I got plenty of room to do this!! Heck, if a member from a ways away wants to come i have room for campers and tents or i will find a place in the house to lay their heads.

This is just a ideal! Just let me know what you think and when you would like to have it!!!

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Newt, I ain't sayin' that you live way out in the sticks, but it's definitely out past the spot on the map marked "Here There Be Dragons". I've got room for 6 or 8 campers if we park them carefully, and I'm about 2 or 3 miles off I30. I've been trying to get a bucket of wheel weights, but haven't had any luck. My son in law's brother promised to get me one or maybe even two, but H hasn't frozen over yet, so I haven't gotten my wheelweights.

11. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Well, I can bring some lead.

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ive already posted this before but maybe i was misunderstood.ill bring and donate 200 lbs.or so of good lead and my molds if some one needs them.just to pour some sinkers im taking the molds home.lol

13. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Well, I wouldn't call living off a major highway by about 150 yards out in the sticks. But, it is definetly better than being on the suberbs fo Little Rock around shootings and such. Plus you don't have to worry about the city saying anything about how my land looks, neigbors complaining to a code enforcer or worry about getting a permit to build a outhouse on a Little city lot!!:wink:

But, where-ever it is decided to be held at is fine with me.:big_smile: I will be there irrigardless of where it is at!!

Come on folks! Let's throw this ideal around a bit and get input! I am sure those of us that attend will benefit from the knowledge gained!!!
    OOPS, TRISHA FORGOT TO SIGN OFF. THIS IS NEWTON.

14. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Well guys, I jumped on here, went to a thread and hit the post button and posted. Then i realized, HEY - this isn't my sign on, it's TRISHA'S!!!:smile2:

Sorry dear!!! At least you got another post number out of it!!!!

But, again, I am all for this gathering! So, let's just throw the ideal around, see what we come up with, and go from there.

15. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    All ideas will be discussed, Come on new members, give us your input. Just because you are new, do not feel you are stepping on toes. Your are B.O.C. and your input is greatly appreciated.

16. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Trish, I'll be the first to admit those city officials can be real jackasses at times (all times), but as far as y'all living just off a major highway goes, well I guess that's true, because any road in Arkansas that has pavement is considered a major highway. For secondary roads, you really need a pickup, because a car will simply fall apart running over them, and for anything less than a secondary road, you need 4WD. It takes me almost an hour for me to get from my house to yours, and only half of it is on the freeway.

17. Dbeals05

Dbeals05 Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have no clue how to make sinkers or melt lead or anything like that. I would like to come and learn how.

18. VideoGuy

VideoGuy New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I am a videographer in the local area and would like to make a video of this.

19. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    SOLD!!!!

Ok guys, this needs to be a done deal!!!

I'm thinkin Kerr lake in Oklahoma would be a GREAT spot for this!

20. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Hey they sounds great Tony. I need to get away from Arkansas. :big_smile: