Sinker Making Gathering!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RamRod, Jan 13, 2008.

1. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, it's time to have my annual sinker making gathering. In order to make it successful we need a lot of lead. So please post here on amounts of lead you could bring to help out, so everyone can stock up for the upcoming year. I'm looking to have this in February so throw some dates out there so we can come to an exact date. Will probably have it on a Saturday this year.

For those of you that have never been to one of these, you'll have a blast! Lots of fun, food and fellowship. So chime in and let's get a head count and count of lead you can bring.

Thanks,
    Ram

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I got a five gallon bucket of wheel weights I will bring. Looking forward to this get together again this year.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Johnny I would like to come also Ill see if I can get any lead if not let me know what else I might bring. Food or drinks or even $$$ I had a blast last year

4. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    had a blast last year, just get a date together,and hope to meet some more brothers this year

5. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    we have about 40 lbs of 2lb ingots and i can get a lot of wheel weights , sounds like a good time

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We need to get as much lead as possible because those 3 - 8 oz sinkers use A LOT of LEAD quick! Also, I am considering Feb. 16 or 23, let's get some voting on when to have it as well!

7. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here's what we have so far of who is coming and what their bringing:

jason454ci - 5 gallon bucket wheel weights
    ryang - Food or Drinks
    tspergin - ?
    smokey869 - 40lbs lead ingots + more wheel weights

Start looking for all the lead you can get your hands on!

8. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i got a huge chunk about 150lbs of lead Where this sinker making event take place at?

9. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    RamRod

I will bring JW his head is full of lead , I am guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 #s..

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    count me in as well... i can bring a pot, molds etc. if you need me to help as well... i will see what i have in terms of lead as well sounds like a fun time! rollo

11. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Count Me in ... I have at least 20# of lead ........

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Johnny

I will bring Mellon, his butt is full of lead!

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont have any lead, but I may come and just buy some no-rolls off of you guys..I was just getting ready to order some.

14. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We hold it at my house and have food and drinks for everyone. Anyone can PM me with your e-mail address and I'll give you my address in 43062.

15. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds great! Be glad to have a lead head join the party!

16. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We'll have to see how much lead everyone can bring. In the past we've had people that can help with bringing food and drinks get a few sinkers. However, check with your scrapyards and garages see if they have any they could give you. Most people like the larger no rolls and flat banks that use up a lot of your lead. Just see what you and mellon can come up with and let us know.

Now, where's Phil and his famous beans?

17. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Rollo, I tried calling ya and left a message with my number to call me back. All help is appreciated!

18. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio

Any idea of how far its from cincinnati

19. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    just east of columbus off I-70 about 2 hrs

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just got off the phone with ramrod. skip, us country boys aren't invited this year... he is serving fine wine, so i asked on behalf of me and you...what? Budweiser Select? seems thats not what he meant! dam city boys in their suit and ties! but he said he was buying everyone filet mignons!!!:wink: j/k..anyways... im bringing a melting pot, molds, and a bucket of lead... possibly food depending on what is signed up.... looking forward to meeting all you new guys, and seeing the normal rumbdumbs!!! lol....rollo:smile2: