Sinker guestion

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Montgomery, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i'm sorry for who ever moves our post . when it isn't in the right place. but i dont know where else top post this. i have ben having trouble finding heavy weights. or no rolll sinkers. i have been to gander moutain. wal mart. and a local bait shop. where do you all get yours . also i did buy some 2 once bullet weights. they have a big eye wholoe on them. anyone know the best way to rigem. i can put picture on here of them if you all need to see them . please help really want to head out in the morning .

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you say a big eye hole? must be some big bullets. i use flats mostly, and pyramids depending on the situation. bullets are fine but tend to roll in current more.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sorry, it took some time to get the whole question....bullets or eggs i let slide down to the hook placing a bead in between. you can use them on a three way placing a barrel swivel below the sinker or can use a barrel rig....i don't like the barrel rig as much, seems to snag up more.

4. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    We usually mold all our big no rolls, and have get togethers to make sinkers often.Collect some lead and try to make the next get together and we can fix you up for the season.just pm ramrod for the details

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Try ebay they have stuff like that.

6. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Where do you live at in Ohio? Ohio Valley Bait & Tackle in Yorkville, Ohio sell very large sinkers. Another plus to that is, they are right near Pike Island Dam (about a half mile or so). Well got to go, the dam is calling me:smile2: .

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Mike, if at all possible, attend a gathering in your area. There is always someone with sinker molds who is there to help. Once you see how it is to pour your own sinkers, you may want to get started in that yourself. Lot of safety things pertinent to melting lead, but learn them and comply with them... you will be okay. I was paying .45 for a 5 ounce bank sinker or .09 per ounce.. Lead (when I find it to buy) costs .75 per pound which is about .046 cents per ounce. So, I can pour twice as many sinkers for the same price I can buy them. Definetley better to pour your own, and then if your fortunate you can get your lead for free...which really saves the money.

8. kdm75

kdm75 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I agree with awshucks learn to make your own. For lead go to some independit tire shopes and ask them what they do with ther wheel weights. I did this and gave them a bucket to put them in and now I get all the lead I want usely a 5 gallon jug every 2 are 3 weeks free.

9. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    check the members sales area there were some for sale there at the very bottom of the page.