Sinker Gathering!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RamRod, Jan 13, 2010.

1. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes it's that time again to get the ball rolling on setting up a gathering. I mainly need to know who can make it out with some lead and how everyone is doing getting some lead together for this. I'd also like some ideas of what days work best for the majority. I'm thinking towards the end of February or beginning of March so we get stocked up for the coming year. If anyone has molds they want to bring as well, just let us know what you got. The main thing is, we need alot of lead and I think I can buy about 100lbs or so from a friend pretty reasonable and I could pass the savings down to the people that don't have any. So post and let us know your availability, if you got lead to bring and how much. If you've never been to one of my gatherings, just ask anyone that's been here before. It's a great time with plenty of food and plenty of fun. My house becomes your house. I think we ended up with about 20 people last year and look forward to that many or more this year. Once again, all are welcome to attend and just post your intentions here so we can get things started!

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I can bring the sinkers that I didnt use to be remelted down or traded in for sinkers that I would use. A bunch of bank sinkers probably over 5 - 10 lbs. And I can chip in on some lead if you want to buy more than 100 lbs.

3. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would very much like to attend this year. I have been saving lead up and ive got two no roll molds. 1,1.5,2,and3oz on one mold and 3,4,and 5 on the other mold. I also have around 200lbs of lead wheel weights i bought last month. Let me know the date and what else i should bring and ill likely be there!

4. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am going to try to attend this year. I could bring 5 gallon bucket of wheel wieghts and I have a no roll mold and an egg sinker mold also.

5. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks again for the invite to us all again .An to members that are thinking about coming .DONT MISS it.Very good time good food an fellowship.AN pretty cool to make sinkers Hope its not the frist week of march.will be at the james river.thanks again Jonney

6. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    will bring tables, napkins, silver ware, lead

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I might show up just to shoot the bull, But I dont need any sinkers, I have about 120-lbs of sinkers:laugh1:

8. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    would like to see ye flathunter .theres alot of bsing an good food.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Same here, end of Feb. is the James Trip for us Jonney, Then my son has his first B-day party the following week. Would like to make it, but got alot coming up mid Feb. on. Thanks, and likesaid, very good time for those considering. rollo

10. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Set a date and I will try and make it. I think I got a couple buckets of wheel weights out in the shed.

11. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i will prolly be there, i think i have some lead left and some more to pick up, ill bring some cold beverages and some brats for the grille, thanks for hosting again and to any that havent attended its always a good time

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i would like to try and make it again this year but wont know till the time gets closer i never know when im not gonna be working but i'll try and round up some lead just in case i get to attend this fine event

13. mr.seaark77

mr.seaark77 New Member

State:
    ohio
    wheres it going to be at .

14. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    it will be at ramrods house in pataskala just east of columbus a few miles

15. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    well i have a mold but as far as what it is ??? i got it from e bay it's old i know that much
    i think i have around 20 lbs to bring you set the dat i will bring a DD lead a mold and one hell of a appetite lol
    OOH and plenty off bull shat wear your boots

16. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    all pics 003.jpg
    dont know what mold i have but here is what it makes

17. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but I'd love to come and catch up. I'm not sure if I can get any lead, but sure will try.

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Its not required that you bring lead I usually dont have any but I chip in to who can get some. Plus the beer (I mean pop LOL) not really its a great time.

19. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    how much do you get the lead for? i dont have any to bring but would like to get some as im sure i would be able to make it as long as it is on a weekend. pm me if you would like it says you reached your max on your inbox.

20. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I myself would like to attend this year. I had a great time last year the food was great and the people were just as good! Its really a good setup Johnny puts together and everyone has a great time! For all that have not attended make sure you do so. I can get lead and share with who ever cant get any!