sinker gathering guys

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Feb 22, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    is there anyone thats coming tomorrow, that has a good supply of sinker slides thats willing to part with 15 or 20? im gonna run some different rigs on the james here in a week, and just notice i only have 2 left.. i am willing to buy them from you... if the price is right:wink::smile2: thanks..rollo

2. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Don't mean to show my ignorance ..... but what is a "sinker slide"? .... Garry- :confused2:

3. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got some I can help you out with, see you tomorrow!:wink:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    a sinker slide is a plastic hard plastic sleeve that slides on your line with metal clip attached allowing you to attach what ever size sinker to it, keeping the sinker away from your main line so it doesn't beat against the knot. you can rig it a few different ways including the carolina rig. i rig it on the main line, then add a bead, then a barrel swivel. then 12-15 inches of leader line to the hook. this isn't the setup i use for flatheads, but i might like it for presenting large cuts on the james river.. rollo

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Hmmmmmmm .... I guess an "Old Dog" can learn new tricks ..... Garry- :cool2:

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jason I can't part with 20 but I can give you 6. I need to order more this year.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    let me know when your gonna order them skip, i will split the cost with you on a bulk amount of them...rollo

8. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    I have some of the long black ones jason ,How many do you need,I will bring them with me

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I only need 15-20 total.. thats the worse scenario.. just want to have some extras in case i break off some.. im gonna order some later, just kinda last minute to do so now... thanks guys... how much money do i need now?:smile2: rollo

10. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    I think I can spot you 20 without going to the poorhouse lol

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you guys are great... for all you new guys, this is brotherhood in action! thanks again, rollo:big_smile:

12. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Jason .... Just bring a blank check .... Tony will fill in the numbers ... Garry-:wink: