Since I can't catch a catfish

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Sentry Dog Man, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Hi Guys,

Well, since I can't seem to catch a catfish and am only catching carp, bass or redeye. I guess I had better come to this section of the site to post my pix of the carp, rather than tying up space on the catfishing section.

This one was caught today around 5:30 pm, on canned corn and light tackle. Took me ten to 15 minutes to get him landed. Had a very good fight from him. He sure did not want to get beached/landed. I was using a G Loomis drop shot rod and a Shimano Symetre reel with fighting drag, line was Stren 6 pound test. He weighed 5 pounds, according to my Zebco deliar scale and measured 23 inches.

If this keeps up, I guess I will have to join the Carp Anglers Group. I am about to give up on being able to catch any catfish, unless I move back to SC.

Attached Files:

2. Marshallmth

Marshallmth New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio Area
    I feel your pain. I havent had too much luck with the Cats this year either. Infact I still havent passed the 3lb mark. I could blame it on not having a boat,but I will still rely on blaming El Nino. LOL

3. bamaboy24

bamaboy24 New Member

State:
    Huntsville,Al
    i have pretty much given up on the cats for the rest of the year i am focusing mainly on crappie. But i realy dont care what im catching as long as i am on the water i am happy. Nice carp!