Simano & Power Pro

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Spider, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    A little while back I got a spool of yellow PP in 65# test. This spool of line seemed real brittle and broke way easier than even 30# I've had plus it left a large amount of yellow residue all over everything when I spooled it. I contacted Shimano (Power Pro) and they requested a samlple of the line to test. The other day, I received a replacement spool in he mail. I don't know if they found anything wrong with the line or not, they didn't say anything. I assume that they replaced the line under the warranty.
    At any rate, I go a new $32 spool of line. This is my second excperience with Shimano on customer service and I have no complaints at all. The other time I broke a reel piece and they sent me a new one at no charge. I just wanted to order the part but they said it was no big deal and that they would just send me a new part.

2. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    shimano's cutsomer service is very good and they stand behind there products. :cool2:

3. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I haven't had to deal with their customer service, but have used the same Shimano reels for the last 5 or 6 six hard years, plus one I've had longer than I can remember, wihtout any problems what-so-ever. The only disappointment I've had was the other day I couldn't find a suitable new Shimano at the local BassPro Shop. The selection was very limited. So boo to them and yay to Shimano!

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Larry thanks for the review. A person does not mind paying a little higher price, if he gets good customer service and guarantees honored.

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah a large outfit like Power Pro/Shimano would be truthful IMHO.