Silver this time.

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by Bobpaul, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Tonight i got one of the nicest silver rings I've ever seen.

The tide was coming in and surfers were everywhere. After a cold front moved through this morning, the skies cleared and the weather was great finally. Had enough of that 90+ deg heat.

Well, here's the ring w/malakyte stone in it. I also got some coins and the usual beach trash.

Attached Files:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Bob,

What detector are you running?

Nice find!

Paul

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Well bob with all that dirt fishing you are doing I can see it now.

Bob's jewelery store.:lol: :lol:

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Great hunting brother

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    My thoughts exactly Willard.

GILVARY DISCOUNT JEWELRY AND BAIT LOL!

You got the touch Robert.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

One day I bringing my big behind and detector out towards your end of NC. congrats on another nice find.

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I got rid of the Whites MXT and opted for a Minelab Sovereign GT. They go for about the same price, with the GT costing a little more, but comes with more to detect with.

The depth they can detect at is hard to believe after using a machine that's lucky to hit a dime at 8".

It's all in the Minelab's multi frequency technology. All these things are, is little radio stations sending out a signal and then recieving it, When something gets in the way, they detector lets you know, in a variety of sounds. Learning the sounds and their quality is a big part of the game.

On another note, most of what I found this summer could've been found with most any detector. If you don't put in the time, you ain't finding squat. I carry mine in the truck. You never know when the urge will strike to put the world on hold, and go swinging the coil on a beach or any likely spot.

Anybody that wants to show up and go, is welcomed here. Come on and get some sand in your shoes.:big_smile:

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    A little info on the stone in that ring.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malachite

There's also some superstisious comments I found about it that says it'll do your attitude good.

I can use all the help I can get.

9. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Man i want one of those things but I', not sure which on or even where to get one. I been poking around the net looking but all I have been finding cost more then Iwant to spend. Is there any good cheap ones out there?

10. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Sure there are. Check out this threadhttp://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17059

Just be warned, if you like doing it, you'll be spending more.