Silver Dollar no rolls sinkers

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Wallbass, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Never seen them before, They look like a thick silver dollar. Anyone use them and how do you like them in the current???:smile2:

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Jeff have you got a pic of theam never herd of a silver doller no roll
    no rolles is all i use and love theam but the silver doller is a new one on me

3. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No I dont,a bait store in mooresville has them 1/2 oz,1,2,3,4,5.
    The 1 oz look like a silver dollar about 1/4" thick, brass loop. I guess they sell them also at GM. I think its a Du-it Mold if im right on the name. :smile2:

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    There called Barbel weights I believe, Like this in the pic??

Never used them just thought I would post a pic for people to see.

Attached Files:

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    I think thay are also called river sinkers and yes iv herd thay do a good job

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    :smile2:that type of weight is older than dirt lol

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Its all I use, They work GREAT !!!:eek:oooh:

8. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I use them, I've found them up to 4oz at Gander Mountain and up to 3oz at Bass Pro. They're nice because I like to use sinker slides occasionally and I can clip the disc sinkers (thats how I've always seen them referred to) on and start fishing. They hold the bottom as well as any other no-roll. However, I have found a place on the internet that will sell you (25) 4oz no-roll weights for just under 7 bucks-- thats dirt cheap. I may start going that route, or just order a Do-It mold.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have the mold and they are very easy to make. If you are going to need several it would pay to get the mold. As stated some call it a disc sinker and the mold co. calls it a river sinker.

10. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    do you mind sharing your info on cheap online no roll or disc sinkers?
    Thx

11. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    PM sent

12. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    how well do they fare against no rolls better or worse

13. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Do It has three moulds for these sinkers that range from 1 to 10 0z.
    Steve

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    look, i know i am an okie hick, but for me, this is a no brainer....GIVE ME THE SILVER DOLLARS!!!:smile2:

15. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I own a few myself.. And I bought them from Kings Bait there in Mooresville.. I saw them and thought I would try them.. I think they work good but I like No-Rolls better due to the fact their weight is centered on the line...

16. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think I might try these :cool2:

17. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    What prevents the sinker from staying up on the hook? Do you rig these up like a egg sinker(wolf river rig) with a swivel and a leader for the hook. If so then you would be pulling a swivel into the brass hoop on the sinker, no good. I like the traditional rig and have no problems with it, what benefit does it offer from the egg sinker rig? Thanks.

18. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana

I attached a picture of the rig I normally use with the no roll sinker. The nice thing about this rig is it holds bottom very well and you don't have to worry about your bait, the current or a fish dragging it downstream into a snag, and since it is flat it doesn't roll along the river bottom like traditional egg sinkers. If you use this rig with a reel that has a baitclicker the sinker will stay on the river bottom while a fish can freely pull line from your reel with no resistance. I also put the bead between the swivel and the sinker to cushion the sinker from slamming into the knot on the swivel and breaking the line on the hookset. I feel this is one of the best rigs out there for flathead catfishing but everybody has there own opinion.

Attached Files:

19. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    All you need is a bead to keep the disc sinker from jamming on the swivel and it protects the knot. No different from rigging a bank sinker.

20. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I use a bead on my rigs just like you have pictured. I use this same set up for either the egg sinker or the no roll sinkers I made. The sinkers I made seem to work just fine it just takes a little more effort tomake them. I wanted to know what is the benefit of using the "Disc Sinker" instead of the no roll sinker. I know the line is centered in the no roll evenly and is threaded through the brass loop on the disc. Does it come down to preference between them or does one actually work better than the other. The rig set up is nearly identical between the two. Thanks