Silver Creek

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by gargoil77, Jan 26, 2008.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Going tomorrow to Silver Creek if my buddy says the river is right. He wants to get more sauger. I told him that I just want to catch a fish. I don't care what kinf, I just want to catch a fish. We may end up at the fossil beds. I'm itching so I don't care where we go.

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Good Luck hope you catch some.

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  4. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Well we went and put in at the New Albany ramp. By the time we got to the railroad bridge the engine stopped. Never made it to Silver Creek and we just trolled/floated back to the ramp. Went home empty handed.

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Haven't got a clue what went wrong with the motor. It slowly just started slowing down until it just quit. Big puff of smoke and a burning smell. That's all. It belongs to my friend and he said that he looked it up on some website and said that the motor was discontinued a long time ago and the only parts available for it were whatever was on the shelf. So he's going to be getting another one.
    But it was just nice to get out and get a line wet. They were tearing the sauger up at the fossil bed though.

6. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    May have. He was more P.O.'d about not making it to Silver Creek than he was about the motor. It gave him an excuse to have to get another.