Silva vs GSP

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by STALLIONDUCK, Jul 2, 2009.

1. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    ok i have read many site saying that Dana white wants to have a superfight between Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre. who do you guys have on it, im predicting Silva winning by split decision, i love GSP but he cant handle silva reach, and muay thai skill.

2. Promaxx

Promaxx New Member

State:
    maryland
    GSP is a machine he will overwelm silva

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Decision? Nah...Silva will knock his head off. Both have great abilities, both are accurate strikers, but Silva has power and GSP does not...even for his own weight class. Moving out of his division would be a mistake for GSP, IMO.

4. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO

x2 :wink:

5. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    great thought, keep em comin lol i still think itll go to decsion because GSp has a hell of a chin

6. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I think if GSP stands and bangs with Silva, he is in big trouble because Silva will be looking to clinch, and would have the advantage in the clinch due to his size and strength. Also has the reach advantage, and connects with over 80% of his strikes. If GSP can take him down, that would be a better option...again, I think Silva would be strong enough to neutralize GSP's ground attack. Silva has a dangerous guard, excellent BJJ...and did I mention he is tons stronger? :big_smile: Good thing GSP's title won't be on the line. :wink: Can't wait for the fight (If it happens)...just trying to visualize GSP winning, and my brain can't make it happen. I would say that IF GSP had more KO power he has a puncher's chance, but...nope, don't see it. :smile2:

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    As strikers go, I think that Silva is the best in the UFC. No way GSP can stand and bang out with him. Dont get me wrong, GSP is a really good fighter...but...Silva is on a completely different level. If Silva showed up in good condition, there is no way that fight would make it to decision.

8. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    good point, silvas got reach too, i would have to root for GSP simply because hes GSP lol but yeah, i think im gonna stick to my pred. lol not that i disagree with you guys thats just what i would like too see happen, but if it did go to decision i said split becuase GSP would have to get at least one round

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    First GSP has to beat Alves. Not a walk in the park. Silva has to beat Forrest, also not a given. If they both get by, this is one of the most unpredictable fights I will have seen. Its not gonna be at either ones weight class either. The superfights are usually at a catch weight. They meet in the middle somewhere. I saw a video awhile back on Sherdog.com where Dana said the fight would be at 180 lbs. Now Silva has gone up to 205 to fight Irvin in the past, and GSP could easily go up to 180 not affecting his body. Silva has to work hard to make 185. He has never failed at it, but Ive seen his workouts and watched his coaches concern in the couple days before the weigh in. So dropping to 180 will be a tall order for Silva to accomplish. That could have Silva coming into the fight weary. Im pretty sure GSP is smart enought to know, he cant stand with Silva long, and he'll eventually take him down. Silva has that spider guard, and is very tough to get side control let alone mount him and go for armbars. I see it happening one of three ways. Silva gets a triangle on GSP. GSP lands some good blows, stuns him and goes for the kill. (GSP's ground and pound is top 5 in the world) , or its a long boring ground fight and goes to a close split decision or possibly a draw. More times than not when you get two top 5 fighters in the world together for a superfight, they cancel each other out and its a boring fight and goes to a decision. Ala, Fedor vs Cro Cop, Rampage vs Hendo. Either way I hope they both win their upcoming fights and get to meet each other. It may never happen. GSP has cleaned out 170 and really should just jump to 185, but Silva has some guys coming in at 185 that propose a major threat. ( Demian Maia) This guy has some of the best BJJ Ive ever seen, and Ive watched all the Gracies, the Nogueiras, Marcelo Garcia, and all the Abu Dhabi Submission World Championships. This guy Maia is no joke and is a true threat to Silva's title. If you guys havent seen Maia's BJJ, youll get a chance on Aug 29th at UFC® 102 COUTURE vs NOGUEIRA. He is fighting Nate Marquadt who is no joke himself. If he dispatches Marquadt, his next fight will definitely be with Silva, unless of course Forrest gets lucky and wins the title from Silva. Either way, alot of good fights coming up. I dont want to miss any of them.

10. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Yeah, I personally think that Maia has the best BJJ in the UFC. He even tops out BJ Penn's BJJ skill (although BJ is my favorite). He's a Rickson Gracie prodegy so that alone, says quite a lot of his skill. His transitions are super smooth too! I really like to watch him grapple.

11. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    i think sylva will win, dont get me wrong gsp is a great fighter but sylva just adapts to everyones style so well and exploits thier weaknesses.will be a close match if it stays on thier feet but if it goes to the ground definetly favors sylva, just my opinion!!!!

12. BL00DWE1SER

BL00DWE1SER New Member

State:
    WISCONSIN
    right now I would say Silva over GSP but that could change after the GSP/Alves fight.

13. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i dont think itll happen if GSP loses to Alves, im just curious who gets their title shot at silva next

14. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nobody is really pushing for a shot at Silva (in my opinion). Usually when someone wants the title, they are screaming at Dana White to give them a shot....have not heard anyone talking....If Bisping beats Henderson, I imagine he might start running his mouth. I really hope that Henderson knocks him out in classic Hendo style!

15. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
  16. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Me three!

17. Promaxx

Promaxx New Member

State:
    maryland
    well GSP owned alves and lesnar used Mir for practice UFC 100 was total badass

18. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Absolutely loved seeing Bisping gettin KTFO !!! It was the highlight of the night. :smile2:

19. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Heck yeah!! That made my night! After that, the rest of the fightsd could have gone either way for me! I wonder where Hendo is going next? Rematch with Silva?

20. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO

I sure hope so:big_smile: