Silstar reel parts

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by Pogo, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Pogo

Pogo New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    For the past two weeks I've been searching for a spare spool and bail springs for a Silstar CT-80B saltwater reel that I was given ... with absolutely NO luck.

Can anyone steer me to a repairman who carries or can order these parts?

Thanks ...

2. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio

3. Pogo

Pogo New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks .. I don't know where you found it, but that's a pretty comprehensive list ...

I just called the first on the list of Parts places in Brunswick, GA (since I'm in NC). The very nice guy there took my order and stated that he was "The" parts distribution center for all Silstar parts ... o.k.

He then called me back less than ten minutes later to say he didn't have parts for that reel and didn't know if he could get them. So much for being "The" U.S. parts center.

I intend to work my way down the list .. someone HAS to have these simple parts ..or one would think so, anyway.

This is the first Silstar I have owned and though it is obviously not a "Top Of The Line" reel, it appears (while taking it apart to check the lube and to get familiar with it) to be a reasonably sturdy unit. But .. so long as it holds line, the bail works and the gears hold up, what more need it be?

Thanks again .. I appreciate that list very much.

4. w2raustin

w2raustin New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Did you ever find a source for these?