Silstar Catmaster Catfish Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by PhillyCatcatcher4, Aug 8, 2008.

1. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Hello, does anyone have any info or know where I can find any of these rods?
    They are supposed to be new for 2008,but I can't find them anywhere.
    They look like they might have good potential. :wink:

2. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I've got a couple silstar catfishmaster rods, they are sold in most of the local tackle shops here. The price on thems runs around $20.00, and they are a good deal for that price. Mine have handled several 40+lb Flatheads quite well.

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Thanks. They are a rare find around here. I will keep an eye out for one. I might get lucky and find one. :wink:

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    thay are good rods in my eyes iv got one that i bass fish with its verry old the clear coat is flaking of its so old but still landing fish:wink:

5. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    I've got 3 of those rods and love them! 2 7'ers and an 8'er! They've handled everything I've thowed at them.

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I fished with a guy who had a couple of them. They are great rods unless you need to throw a lot of weight or fish in heavy current. It looked like he'd caught a BUNCH of fish on them.

7. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I have 3 silstar combo's I bought back around 90. Fished them hard for 5 years. Then I got married and hung them up for 12. Now I'm back fishing them again. All I had to do was wash off the outside, pull the reel side cover, and give the bearings a touch of wd-40 and reassemble.

For what I paid for them I've been extremely happy.
    I've broken 2 of the rods over time in car doors, trunk lids etc. But all 3 reels are still going strong. Only thing I don't like is they have the older anti-reverse that makes a click as the reel goes around.

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have a silstar in 7' one piece heavy action. It is more like a boat rod or for snagging. I have landed flathead over 40 lbs and it was begging for more!!!!!:wink:

9. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    These last 5 posts have got me hyped to really find one. :0a32:

10. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Actually....the flathead in my avatar was caught on a silstar 7' heavy action one piece rod. It weighed 43.1 lbs and the rod was begging for more!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    ive got 2 of them.there "ok".had a new one break under a 15lb catfish.the whole top 10 inches worth snapped off.

12. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    The forty plus pound flathead depicted below was landed by a Silstar rod.