SILSTAR CATFISH PRO

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by FATDAD, Oct 18, 2009.

1. FATDAD

FATDAD New Member

State:
    Mount Sterling,
    bought one today at a flea market... 10 ft mh 20-40lb had never seen one but for 20.00 still in rapper . ithought i would give it a try:roll_eyes:

2. festus

festus New Member

I have one of the 8' Rockfish Combos made by Silstar that has to be over 20 years old and it's still going strong. Bought it brand new for $39.99 in the 1980's. You have a good pole, I'm sure

3. FATDAD

FATDAD New Member

State:
    Mount Sterling,
    anybody else

4. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i have never liked anything silstar makes.junk to me,but one mans junk is another mans treasure.good luck with it.

5. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Years ago I was on a pretty tight budget (poor) I had a silstar rod and reel. It served me well, and gave me years of service, when I did my upgrades I passed it on to someone else.

6. astrochelman

astrochelman New Member

State:
    indiana
    did you know that penn makes sailstar i bit you didn't nkow that did you
    and i bet that you didn't know that okuma make 75% of there rods and reel of the fish stuff out there i just i might let you know that and most people don't know. and most of the store fishing rod and reels are made at the same place and it's the name your paying for

7. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    thanx for the info,but seeing as how i don't like penn that just reinforces the fact that its junk.