Silp float fishing tips

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CJ21, Jul 4, 2009.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have found out that I pefer Lindy Big Fish Silder Floats I bought the 4'' model I may try the 5'' model.The 4'' use 1/2 oz weight and 5'' use 3/4'' weight I pefer using slip shot instead of egg sinker which I feel adds to much weight you just wont enough weight to sink the bait and allow the float to sit up. Its best to use lighter weights and floats if you is using big baits. These floats are maybe from Balsa wood which I pefer over foam. On hooks I start with 1/0 for Nightclawers and Livers and 2/0 to 6/0 for Live and Cut Bait. I pefer fishing floats in current, I let the current take float by stumps or any place to hold cats and 9 times out of 10 you get a strike. I pefer floats over bottom fishing anyday. I hope to have some pictures of how I rig my soon.

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Theres a lot of times that is the best way to fish. But so many people will not try it out.
    Also have you seen our floats? http://wildwolfproducts.com/
    Pete

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have not really check into, I been thinking about getting a heavy duty catfish set up for big floats so may get a look into yours!