SILLY SEASON "Its that time again"

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Jun 22, 2008.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I think we all know by now that Stewart could be making a move to Haas-CNC Racing with part ownership option for next year. If so, Joey Logano could replace him in the #20 car.

RCR will be adding a 4th team to their stables, possibly with Scott Wimmer or Bobby Labonte behind the wheel. Labonte most likely will stay with Petty Enterprises.

Latest news is that sponser "Caterpillar" will be leaving the #22 team and be on Jeff Burton's #31 car for next year.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Just think of the Dream Team if Tony went to Hendrick!!!:crazy::eek:oooh::wink::smile2:
    I don't think it'll happen but who knows.
    Tony goes to Haas-CNC I think is just hyped up by the media. I don't think he'll go to that low of a caliber team unless Home Depot and some other Major Sponsors go also. Its possible but I think he'll look at other options first.
    I did like Logano but that move last night getting into Keselowski just pi$$ed me off!!!:angry:
    Cost him the race IMO!!!:angry::angry::angry:

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    catipiller will be seen more on jeffy than his brothers in the past lmao.

4. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Heard today during the race that Hendrick Motorsports might have a vacancy next year if Casey Mears doesnt start improving, he could be looking for a ride at the end of the season

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

The way I heard was that he wouldn't be returning. I'd like to see Brad Keselowski get his chance there. He has a ton of talent and I think he would make a great fit.:wink::big_smile:

6. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    it seems that all the big owners can field 3 good teams, but that 4th car always seems to not live up to the others. maybe they should work with 3 and let some of the other owners keep some of the prize money. if they are not careful they could end up like IRL and not have enough owners to field a complete grid of cars.

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Last I heard is Mark Martin is leaving DEI at the end of the year to take the #5 Hendrick Car and Mears would be out.
    Bobby Labonte has already re-signed with Petty Enterprises

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats what I heard too Mark will run a full season to try one more time to win the cup.
    smokey

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    How many seasons is going to be his last? He's had more last seasons than a lot of other drivers careers.....:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i like mark. but IMO only way hell ever win a cup is if he lets go of the mr nice guy driving style. mark would have alot more behind his belt if hed banged some doors. and possibaly a daytona 500. but he let harvick go by clean and on to a win.

he needs to get a few lessons from kyle.:smile2:

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    As much as I don't want to, I have to esp. agree with that last part Jerm.:crazy::wink::smile2:

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If I'm not mistaken the owner of Haas is doing time in the pen for tax evasion. You might want to verify this but I think it is Haas racing.
    The whole shootin match is for sale. A move for Stewart would be whole ownership or partner up with another buyer.
    Good deal or bad for Stewart?
    It's having money troubles and sponsorship troubles.
    About all he would be buying is the material possesions of the team.

If Tony buys it, I'll go ahead and say he is a fool having seen the failed attempts at owner/drivers in the modern era of cup racing.

I think Tony wants to win races and I dont think he is happy running second fiddle to the kid but we'll wait and see.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

A post that I agree with you Mark.:crazy::wink::smile2:
    I don't think It'd be a wise move to do that, I think it'd hurt instead of help his career. If he wants to get back in a chevy why not go to Hendrick or RCR? I'd say he'd be top dog at RCR and would complete a dream team at Hendrick. JMHO!

14. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    now they are saying that ryan newman might be willing to move with tony to haas. what i have understood is tony's offer is for part ownership. i do not know all the parial owners in haas racing.

15. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates on Tuesday announced due to a lack of sponsorship funding it will cease operation of the team's No. 40 Sprint Cup Series Dodge driven by Dario Franchitti beginning this weekend in Daytona.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i just came here to report that.:angry: well there goes another league driver.:angry:

im done in the fantasy league. man. ill have an update after pepsi 400. sure ill be close to last now.:angry:

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Seems kind of crazy the way everyone begins to shuffle themselves around each year. Where is the loyalty.

18. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    yates racing is needing sponsors for next year or they will either be gone or a one car team. there is only gonna be 43 cars at the next few races after daytona, so some of these guys are gonna start making prize money every week. that will keep them in operation, but does not pay near enough for research and testing.

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    seems mark is gonna make just that announcement. hell he might as well hire petty, jarrett,jr johnson, and sr if he was still with us lol. give me a break.:smile2:

20. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO