Signed, sealed and hopefully delivered.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jan 31, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kat-Tamer:

Nancy went to work this morning carrying an envelope to be deposited in our local post office. Good and bad. Good, because I finally got it out and bad because we are dealing with the post office here.

In that envelope addressed to Paul at Lodi, Colorado or someplace close to that was a check. I wrapped the check in a piece of paper. The paper read (as close as I remember, that was four hours ago and I can't remember in detail.)...............

"To the person responsible for opening this envelope, and hopefully someone who is getting paid to open this envelope, find enclosed a check for (.....). The check is written to the B(period) O(period) C(period). This is to be applied to Sheila, AKA screen name Kat-Tamer. In no way shape or fashion do I want it to be applied to my name. John."

So you being the winner of the first ever and most probably last John contest, thank for your participation. The submitted responses were enormous, blew my server a couple of times. Everybody was giving me Democrats names and that was a long way from the fact.

Later. John.

We'll see if it shows up next to your avatar or if they buy bait with it.

2. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Well, there went the seed money. I'm surprised Nancy don't have power of attourney yet, LOL.
    :smile2:

3. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ya know John, I really was gonna buy some stars for myself when my check came in next month.

I answered the question cause for once in my life I actually KNEW the answer! (still looked it up to be sure I was right!):wink:

Can't remember WHY I knew the answer. I think I saw it on an e-mail once and it stuck in my brain. Surprising, nothing sticks in my brain!!:smile2:

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well my goodness, Sheila if you are that well healed just send me that check. Can ya cover a 1,000 bucks?

5. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    UHHHH......Nope!
    But thanks for gettin em for me anyway!:smile2:

6. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Well john there goes the beer money.:crazy:

7. Mickey