side imaging lessons?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Mar 19, 2009.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I would like some one who has side imaging to take me out or go out on my boat and teach me the fundamentals. If that is not possible I would appreciate any advice you guys can give me.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Be prepared to see a whole new underwater world!:wink:

3. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Thanks darryl, My problem is I have very little experience with conventional fish finders. I have been doing a lot of reading about the unit. Yahoo side imaging groups has excellent info and some really good pic/s . I should have my transducer tomorrow or sat and I will take the boat out and play with it.

4. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Patrick, Give Doug a call, He is the one that got me tuned in. http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/Training.html

5. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Thanks Kirk. I checked out that link. I know who Doug is as I am a member of the hummingbird side imaging group. I joined a few months ago when I decieded I was going to buy a si. I may actually pay that 50 a hour for lessens later on this summer. My girlfriend and I could make a little camping trip out of it. Once again thanks alot.

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Patrick there are several Gateway Guys that are pretty adept at the new hummingbirds. I'm sure I can get you hooked up with one of them. :wink:

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Ol Swampy, Stl - Catman, Ol Grump, Skipeye, are some that immediately come to mind for being pretty handy with the 'birds. IF anyone else is hiding some expert knowledge, I'm sure they will pipe up. I know what I am looking at, and know all the basics, but havnt tinkered enough with the system to gain its best benefits. Everyone's I have used has already been set up, so it was turn it on, and change views for me. Really is pretty straight forward. I love the quick keys that let you store your favorite views, and a one button push to get immediately to your preferred type image.