SIDE EFFECTS?

Discussion in 'Hunting Dogs Talk' started by DoubleG, Sep 9, 2008.

1. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have a four year old female Fiest that is an extremely good squirrel dog IMO. I found a male last Fall that I want to breed her with. My dog in heat, stray dog around that is male, broke my dog out of kennel, you know the rest. My question, has anyone used a shot to abort pups and if so are there any side effects for the female such as heat cycles?

Stray dog has been reported by all my neighbors for about 4 months but local animal control is useless. Officer told my buddy to take care of the problem and if anyone questioned it to say "It tried to bite me!" Something has to be done but you know how small town politics work. My dogs are in 6' chain link kennels. This dog dug a hole underneath my lot that has been up for over two years without a problem. I consider that destructive and a legit complaint without having to say it tried to bite me..

Thanks for letting me vent and if anyone has any experience about the shot or advice about the problem be happy to hear it.

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i don't know anything about the shot, but if you don't want to shoot the traveling salesman you could live trap him by your female's kennel, then drop him off at the pound. i would dig me a hole at the back of the property and ping it in the ear with a .22 rifle. i wouldn't say anything to anyone, though, people act wierd about those things.

3. Shenandoah

Shenandoah New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Shoot-Shovel-Shutup.

Stray dogs and cats are nusiance species to me. Same as coyotes, rats, pigeons, etc... Around here going out and shooting cats does more for squirrels, rabbits, and birds than shooting foxes or coyotes. Think of it as a public service.

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    try rat shot in the ole 22

5. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the input, Just have to wait for the right time. Vet said the shot effected different dogs in different ways. $25.00 for the shot and no guarantee my dog will have proper heat cycles or stick for that matter. Anyone looking for Fiest/Mutt cross pups in the near future?

6. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    Hey double g
    I have been raiseing beagles for years .
    About ten years ago one of my little ladys got with a pit bull.I was gonna knock them in the head at birth, but my 6yr old grand daughter was staying with me .You know that storie .She had her baby and the rest were yard mutts .
    Dear season rolled in and I took my hounds to the woods .The gran daughter took are pup 6mos. to ride on the dog box with her .The frist time my pack ran a deer in close that pup bailed of the truck and never looked back
    she sounded like she was being kilt but she ran her butt off .The next day all the yard mutts went to the woods and all ran well .
    I had no problem finding homes for the peagles
    Some folks wanted me to breed them again ,but I would have had to dig up the dad. oops.
    try them what you got to lose
    Bewell CRMULE