Sickle Hooks

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by akwolf41, Nov 27, 2007.

1. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    OK Guys;

I have had a lot of inquirys in reference of me getting different sizes of the Matzuo Sickle Octopus Hooks in smaller and Larger sizes. I have just ordered some 4/0 and 5/0 sickle hooks in the Red Chrome and will have them in stock in a few days. All of the Matzuo Red Chrome Hooks are not a Painted hook like the colored versions of the Gamakatsu hooks. The color is embedded in the metal.

I also found out that I can get these hooks in 8/0 and 9/0 but have to order in a thousand quantity lot. There are not a stocking size for my supplier but I can order them and it may take some time to get them. They sell for about 55 cents each to you, so let me know who has an interest in them before I consider stocking them.

Just an update so you will know;

Gene

2. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Gene I have a lot of those hooks "In black" I got from a tackle shop close out in 3/0 4/0 5/0 & a few other sizes. I haven't used them but once and the bite was slow that night and never got a cat on the rod I had the S. hook on. So I don't know how well they work for hook ups. How is the hook up rate Vs other hooks? Have you used them for bottom fishing or just under your bobbers? I was thinking about giving them to a few friends to use but maybe I should keep them and give them another try before doing so.

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    that is the type of hook that we used when trolling for salmon in oregon. Had 100% hookups with them. i have recently converted to circles for drifting or else i would order a load of these.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I plan on getting some in 4/0 as soon as I scrape up some cash. Thanks Gene.

5. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Gene, I would be interested in some 9/0 after Christmas. If you haven't used these hooks, you won't believe how sharp these hooks are!!! Gene, wish I could, but momma will put me out on the porch!:haha:And its a little chilly this time of year! I hope you get some in stock! Thanks Gene....

6. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I noticed that about them and liked it.

7. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Gene would be intrested in the larger, size of 8/0 - 9/0 hooks If you get enough reponse to order them. like, the Idea of a little larger hook 8/0 anyway.
    Jim

8. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Gene, I will take some of the 4 and 5/0 when you get them in.

9. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    OK I have some 4/0 and 5/0 Sickles in stock now.. I will probably only keep one of the sizes in stock once I see the ordering responses.

http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/hooks.htm

Thanks for your interest;

Gene

10. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I had the honor of fishing with some of your sickle hooks when i went to the Nuke plant with Poisonpits a couple of weeks ago. They are awesome hooks and hook the fish great. Also had little trouble removing them from the fish after the catch. Also the fish did not seem to swallow them as bad. They made great hook ups everytime.

so, soon as a got back, i ordered some. I just received those in the mail. Thanks Gene, for a great product. And for being such a great sponsor!!! Look forward to seeing you at Degray in May!!!

11. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gene I to would be intrested in the larger, size of 8/0 - 9/0 hooks If you get enough reponse to order them

12. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Gene is telling You STRAIGHT Folks!!! I put Gene on to these Matzuo Slckle Hooks last Year at the Missouri Gathering.I have been using these Hooks now for over Two years and I feel there are the Best Hook on the market for Catfishing Bar none. the hook up rate is Outstanding.they are Super sharp and TOUGH,You don't have to worry about them bending or straighting out on You.The Only problem I have is being able to find and buy them. like Gene said You would have to buy them 1000 at a pop, sorta tough on the old pocket book.I would Highly recommend that You give them a Try,I know You won't be Disappointed.God Bless. J.D.

13. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Hey Gene I might be interested in some of the bigger hooks. If you get some bring them to the gathering and I will get some from you.

Hey JD have you wore that knife out yet?

14. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    No Way Rusty!!! That Knife Is To Perty to use!!!! Just Like Me,(PERTY) LOL.God Bless.:wink:
    J.D.

15. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Guys;

Don't let or think that the 7/0 size of the hook spook you. That 7/0 Sickle is great and will hook and hold that BIG fish as well as 8/0 or 9/0. Just size your bait to the Hook and you will soon see. I will try and get some bigger ones for you guys that just aren't a BELIEVER yet when my Bank Account gets in better shape. LOL Try them and you will be Convinced.

Thanks to all of you for your posts.

Gene

16. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Well I got a Price increase on hooks this week and had to raise my prices some. But I am still less expensive than you buying them at Cabelas. LOL

Thanks;

Gene

17. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Gene, you just got another order from me. when my money stops being funny, i will order some more bobbers.

18. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got my first run of 7/0 Sickle Hooks from Gene about 1 week ago and just tried them out yesterday. First, thanks to Gene for the fast service. Also got the chance to talk to him on the phone for a bit and could tell very quickly he is a great guy who has a passion for our sport. As far as the hooks, they are SHARP! I could tell almost immediately as they went through cut bait like a hot knife through butter. I caught my PB Blue and Channel on the same day using the hooks, which I had Gene snell for me. Almost all hookups were right in the corner or top of the lip and the hook was very easy to remove. I even like the fact you can tell when you have caught some fish as he hook will lose the red color from the sandpaper mouths of the fish, especially big channels. I have used Gamatsu 8/0 Octopus hooks for awhile and I must say these are sharper. As good and Sharp as Diachis and much more affordable. I would agree with Gene that the 7/0 size is good for almost any fish, but if it ever comes to fruition I'd love to get some in the 9 or 10 size for bigger bait. Thanks again Gene.